Somerville History Bike Tour - Sunday 5/23 - Lost Theatres of Somerville

  • Ron Newman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
      The 9th annual Somerville History Bike Tour will take place on Sunday,
      May 23rd. We'll meet at Somerville City Hall at 1 pm, leaving
      promptly at 1:15 and riding for about 8 miles.

      This year's theme is "Lost Theatres of Somerville". We'll visit
      the locations of Somerville's former movie theatres, many of which are
      still standing and converted to other uses.
      Our tour will be based on David Guss's recent Somerville Museum
      exhibit and website - http://LostTheatres.org

      The ride is jointly sponsored by the Somerville Bicycle Committee and
      the Somerville Historic Preservation Commission.
      We are requesting a $3 donation to support the Historic Preservation
      Commission's activities.

      In the event of steady rain, we'll postpone the ride to Sunday, June 13.

      For more information, including a map and cue sheet, visit http://SomervilleBikes.org/Events.html
      .