Workshop in July

  • Dave Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2007
      Anyone still want to form a real bike committee in Medford? I've got a bit more time on my hands these days, and there's a workshop coming up in July on this exact topic:

      Get Local & Get Things Done – Bike Committee Workshop: July 21

      Are you interested in forming a Bike Committee in your town? Already on one? If you are want to improve bicycling conditions right where you live, MassBike wants to help!

      This workshop will be held in Boston on Saturday, July 21, from 10am-2pm. We’re bringing together experienced bike advocates and those looking to begin advocating in their towns, to swap stories, strategies, best practices, and encouragement. This is part of an ongoing effort to help more committees get started and increase communication among existing committees.

      Bicycle committees represent the interests of the local bicycling community, and can act as a resource to help cities and towns make better decisions about bicycling. They’re one of the most important forms of cycling advocacy, local people working on local issues, interacting directly with municipalities, providing visibility for bicycling, helping improve local bicycling infrastructure, and encouraging people to ride their bikes around town.

      Registration is free, but limited to 50, with attendance capped at two people per bike committee, so act fast! To register, or for other information on forming a bike committee in your town, email Nadav@... or call 617-542-2453.

      If you can’t make this event or would like us to schedule one in another part of the state, let us know, and we’ll see what we can do later in the year.

      -- Dave Adams