Weekly Reminders and Cues

  • Vandereedt, Michael A
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Study Sessions - This week's Woodstuz Festival will occur Thursday the 3rd starting by 2:10 p.m. Next week's signup sheets have been posted in the classroom, with the dates of the next two sessions.  The dates of all future sessions of either format have been listed on the NewsFlash page of the course website.

      Review Rewards - Study sessions will count as extra participation.  I will also make the same arrangement as I did last year: the class that has every test-taker come to at least one review session will earn the privilege of watching a movie at some point following the A.P. exam.

      Essay Tradeoffs - It hasn't been an easy semester (except in terms of cranking up stress levels... and keep in mind I never ask you to do something unless I've experienced it ahead of time).  In light of the fact you had to submit yourself to multiple essays without any feedback (even grades) on previous essays, I've decided to only keep in my gradebook the higher of each of the following sets.

      FRQs - Unit VIII vs. Unit X
      DBQs - Unit X vs. Unit XI

      Finalizing Grades - The conclusive grades will be calculated this coming weekend and posted by Monday.

      Eyes on the prize,
      Mr. VanDereedt