Re:The Really Absolute Definite Final 125 ETX Order

  • JamesEHimley@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      ETX – 125AT Final Order - Camera Bug

      3/31/04

      Meade EXT – 125AT with UHTC coatings, Autostar, #884 Tripod/Case
      and 26 mm Plossel
      1090

      Case for scope and eyepieces/filters.
      160

      Barlow: Celestron
      90

      45 degree for terrestrial viewing
      50

      Package of Filters
      80

      Rigel Finder
      40

      Dew Shield
      18

      Electric focus
      120

      Steady Pix Camera Mount
      40

      # 541 AC Adaptor
      45

      3607 Car Plug
      included

      I'm gonna forget the binoviewer for now. But I might be tempted by a zoom.

      I pick up the whole shebang Monday at Camera Bug in Atlanta.

      Thanks for the feedback during the selection process.

      Dark Skies,

      Jim Himley
      Edgefield, SC
      JamesEHimley@...

      When I heard the learn'd astronomer,
      When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
      When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
      When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in
      the lecture-room,
      How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
      Till rising and gliding out I wander'd off by myself,
      In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
      Look'd up in perfect silence at the stars.

      Walt Whitman

      ) *

    • WarpedCorp
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        It all looks good but I would delete:

        The Steady Pix camera mount - just does not work well.

        I'd replace the rigel finder with a large aperture Mars Eye Finder from Apogee telescopes. It's about 1/4th the price, works very well, and does not protrude so far from the scope. There is a picture of one in the Tips & Tricks guide.

        Warp

      • RMOLLISE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
          In a message dated 4/1/2004 9:54:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, warpcorp@... writes:

          > It all looks good but I would delete:
          >
          > The Steady Pix camera mount - just does not work well.
          >
          > I'd replace the rigel finder with a large aperture Mars Eye Finder from Apogee telescopes. It's about 1/4th the price, works very well, and does not protrude so far from the scope.
          > There is a picture of one in the Tips & Tricks guide.

          Hi:

          I'd also say, forget the 45 degree terrestrial diagonal/adaptor. An MCT presents a right-side-up image (albeit mirror reversed), which is fine for terrestrial use as is.

          Peace,
          Rod Mollise
          Author of:_Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope_
          <http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html>