Hard Stop on ETX 90 EC

  • markleewebb
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
      OK - I figured out how to do alt/az easy align (it really works)- but
      now my question is on "hard stops" - what is a hard stop? I was
      running and slewing and ETX kinda came to a stop on horizontal axis
      even though motor running - is that the hard stop? I tried doing the
      manual turn counterclockwise with horiz lock off before proceeding
      until it would not go any further but I never encountered a stopping
      point (It went around 360 degrees) - am I doing something wrong? It
      did the stop in horizontal and motors ran when slewing on Go-To but I
      could not find a hard stop when manually moving it counterclockwise.
    • Dan Rodgers
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
        Yep, you hit the hard stop. The scope will actually go over 360 degrees if it is already turned clockwise to its clockwise hard stop. I think about 1 1/2 turns from one stop to the other.

        Dan