Quiet

  • gjwcac
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011
      This place sure is quiet lately. Lonelier than a Meade shareholder meeting. ;-)

      Jim M.
    • Don Benson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011
        Love the humor! Haha. Is Meade publicly traded? What's the stock price?
        I remember reading they started out in Irvine, CA near where I grew up. How
        many telescope manufacturers are there? I've head the names Meade and
        Celestron. Are there many more?

        Don in Carlsbad

        _____

        This place sure is quiet lately. Lonelier than a Meade shareholder meeting.
        ;-)

        Jim M.

      • gjwcac
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011
          Don,

          Yeah, Meade is a public company. The market is not being too kind to them as of late:

          http://quotes.ino.com/search/?s=NASDAQ_MEAD

          They had a reverse split 18 months ago to get the share price above $1 and keep from being delisted. As a shareholder, I sure hope they have a decent holiday quarter...

          Jim M.

          --- In Meade-Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Don Benson" <dwbenson@...> wrote:

          > Love the humor! Haha. Is Meade publicly traded? What's the stock price?
          > I remember reading they started out in Irvine, CA near where I grew up. How
          > many telescope manufacturers are there? I've head the names Meade and
          > Celestron. Are there many more?
          >

          > Don in Carlsbad
          >

          > _____

        • Anonymous
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 2011
            Meade needs to get its new mounts out as promised and ensure they are of good quality, rather than experimenting on the public with it's product introductions.

            Sent from my iPad