ETX 125 for sale

  • joerg_michael
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
      Hey folks,

      I would like to sell my ETX 125. It is about 1.5 years old. I used it two or three times. Unfortunately I don't have the time to really get involved. I have no idea how much I can ask for. Any advice is appreciated, or I will go with the highest bid.

      Best regards

      Joerg
    • Christopher Erickson
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
        There are a number of different models of the ETX-125 and the value will
        be influenced by which model you have.

        You should consider putting it on Cloudy Nights Swap & Shop, Classifieds
        and possibly Astromart's classifieds too.

        Pictures and list of accessories will help you to sell it too.

        And DON'T say that you will only ship CONUS. That excludes a meaningfully
        large market of Alaskans, Hawaiians and other people.

        AND IT COSTS EXACTLY THE SAME TO SHIP TO ALASKA AND HAWAII WHEN USING USPS
        FLAT RATE PRIORITY MAIL AS TO ANY OF THE OTHER 48 STATES. Sorry for the
        yelling, this is a pet peeve of mine!

        Furthermore, there are a lot of great English-speaking astro enthusiasts
        in Canada, Australia and the UK and USPS International Flat Rate Priority
        Mail is painless for shipping to them!

        And you can order free flat rate shipping boxes and envelopes on-line and
        they will deliver them to your house.

        In fact if you go on-line and use USPS "Click 'n Ship", you can pay on-line
        and the post office will even come to your door to pick it up!

        It can't get much more painless than that.

        -Christopher Erickson
        Network Design Engineer
        Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
        N19°57' W155°47'
        Meade 16" LX200 SCT
        www.data-plumber.com

      • Warp
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
          Chris... are we allowed to post notices of something being for sale on Cloudy Nights?

          Thanks.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
            It appears from the past that Rod generally doesn't have a problem
            with that but typically likes to be asked first and as always, all
            things in moderation.

            Personally I believe that venders and hawkers should ALWAYS ask
            first before each and every promotional post. And if they become
            a nuisance, not be surprised if they find themselves on permanent
            message moderation and their unsolicited and unapproved promotional
            posts deleted without further comment.

            -Christopher Erickson, group co-moderator
            Network Design Engineer
            Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
            N19°57' W155°47'
            Meade 16" LX200 SCT
            www.data-plumber.com

          • Joerg M. Meyer
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
              I apologize!!! I am far from stepping on someone’s feet.

              Rod, would you allow me to ask what I could expect if I would sell

              my ETX 125?

              I am not a commercial guy who wants to sneak in to this group

              this way. It is just that I need the money. That’s all.

              Thanks in advance to all.

              Joerg

              _____

              <mailto:Joergm%40comcast.net> net> wrote:

              > From: joerg_michael <Joergm@comcast. <mailto:Joergm%40comcast.net> net>
              > Subject: [MeadeUncensored] ETX 125 for sale
              > To: Meade-Uncensored@ <mailto:Meade-Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com>
              yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Thursday, December 3, 2009, 9:16 PM
              >

              > Hey folks,
              >
              > I would like to sell my ETX 125. It is about 1.5 years old. I
              > used it two or three times. Unfortunately I don't have the
              > time to really get involved. I have no idea how much I can
              > ask for. Any advice is appreciated, or I will go with the highest bid.
              >
              > Best regards
              >
              > Joerg

            • Christopher Erickson
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
                Don't get excited.

                I don't think anyone here thinks you are a vendor or hawker
                attempting to exploit the group for free advertising to
                support a commercial venture.

                -Christopher Erickson
                Network Design Engineer
                Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
                N19°57' W155°47'
                Meade 16" LX200 SCT
                www.data-plumber.com

              • Joerg M. Meyer
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 5, 2009
                  Thank you Chris, I saw this post just now after the other one.

                  Very helpful advice. I will look into what you suggested.

                  Thanks again, and always clear skies for all of you.

                  Joerg

                  BTW.: It says: ETX 125 Premier Edition Telescope

                  _____

                  There are a number of different models of the ETX-125 and the value will
                  be influenced by which model you have.

                  You should consider putting it on Cloudy Nights Swap & Shop, Classifieds
                  and possibly Astromart's classifieds too.

                  Pictures and list of accessories will help you to sell it too.

                  And DON'T say that you will only ship CONUS. That excludes a meaningfully
                  large market of Alaskans, Hawaiians and other people.

                  AND IT COSTS EXACTLY THE SAME TO SHIP TO ALASKA AND HAWAII WHEN USING USPS
                  FLAT RATE PRIORITY MAIL AS TO ANY OF THE OTHER 48 STATES. Sorry for the
                  yelling, this is a pet peeve of mine!

                  Furthermore, there are a lot of great English-speaking astro enthusiasts
                  in Canada, Australia and the UK and USPS International Flat Rate Priority
                  Mail is painless for shipping to them!

                  And you can order free flat rate shipping boxes and envelopes on-line and
                  they will deliver them to your house.

                  In fact if you go on-line and use USPS "Click 'n Ship", you can pay on-line
                  and the post office will even come to your door to pick it up!

                  It can't get much more painless than that.

                  -Christopher Erickson
                  Network Design Engineer
                  Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
                  N19°57' W155°47'
                  Meade 16" LX200 SCT
                  www.data-plumber.com

                • John Mahony
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 6, 2009
                    At Astromart, you can use the "advanced search" to check old ads to find what they've been selling for recently.

                    -John