Re: LXD 75 replacement gears

  • Mike Morris
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
      It may be worthwhile to post this on WarpsCorp, the link below will
      take you to the site for this group.

      The group owner has a kit to convert these to a belt drive. While, I
      do not know how well this works, it may be worth checking out.

      Best wishes,
      Mike Morris

      --- In Meade-Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "starflake47"
      <starflake47@...> wrote:

      > Can spur gears for the LXD 75 mount be purchased anywhere? I'd
      like
      > some spare ones in case the ones on my mount get chipped or
      otherwise
      > damaged.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Richard

    • P. Clay Sherrod
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
        The Warp belt drive is actually a very good upgrade for these mounts and is far better
        than the cheap transfer gears that were factory installed.

        Dr. Clay
        -------------
        Arkansas Sky Observatories
        MPC/ H43 (Conway)
        MPC/ H41 (Petit Jean Mountain)
        MPC/ H45 (Petit Jean Mtn. South)
        http://www.arksky.org/

        > It may be worthwhile to post this on WarpsCorp, the link below will
        > take you to the site for this group.

        > The group owner has a kit to convert these to a belt drive. While, I
        > do not know how well this works, it may be worth checking out.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        > Mike Morris
        >
        > --- In Meade-Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "starflake47"
        > <starflake47@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Can spur gears for the LXD 75 mount be purchased anywhere? I'd
        > like
        >> some spare ones in case the ones on my mount get chipped or
        > otherwise
        >> damaged.
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >>
        >> Richard

      • Warp
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
          I have two of the Belt Drive Replacement Kits left that can ship out right away.  Contact me off line if interested at warpcorp.at.swbell.dot.net.

          Thanks
          Warp

          <http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ WarpsCorp/>

          <starflake47@ ...> wrote:

          > Can spur gears for the LXD 75 mount be purchased anywhere? I'd
          like
          > some spare ones in case the ones on my mount get chipped or
          otherwise
          > damaged.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Richard

        • Warp
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
            Dr. Clay...

            Thanks for the kind words... I just wish I could get them easier and faster.

            Clear skies...

            Warp

            > It may be worthwhile to post this on WarpsCorp, the link below will
            > take you to the site for this group.
            >
            > <http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ WarpsCorp/>
            >
            > The group owner has a kit to convert these to a belt drive. While, I
            > do not know how well this works, it may be worth checking out.
            >
            > Best wishes,
            > Mike Morris
            >
            > --- In Meade-Uncensored@ yahoogroups. com, "starflake47"
            > <starflake47@ ...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Can spur gears for the LXD 75 mount be purchased anywhere? I'd
            > like
            >> some spare ones in case the ones on my mount get chipped or
            > otherwise
            >> damaged.
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >>
            >> Richard