Re: Meade 178ED

  • arizona@photographer.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hi Carl,
      I found a site that reviewed the Meade 178ED
      http://www.scopereviews.com/178ed.html
      The scope they first got had many problems and meade took a long time
      to get them fixed. When meade finially got it right they said it was
      a fine scope.
      Don Boyd

    • chv69@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
        In a message dated 4/1/2001 10:36:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        arizona@... writes:

        << I found a site that reviewed the Meade 178ED
        http://www.scopereviews.com/178ed.html
        The scope they first got had many problems and meade took a long time
        to get them fixed. When meade finially got it right they said it was
        a fine scope.

        Thanks. I have read that review. I was able to get info on squaring the
        objective and aligning the ED glass. It does have quite a bit of false color
        for an APO. I would call it a well corrected achromatic.
        My 6" Mak Newt blows it away every time out.

        Carl