Re: [MeadeUncensored] 10 Years as a Meade customer

  • Matthew Ota
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
      perhaps it was 21 years.....regardless the word I got was that he
      retired. I am not sure what kind of golden parachute he had.

      --- In Meade-Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Curtis Croulet"
      <calypte@...> wrote:

      > > He was at Meade for 31 years
      >
      > Really!? We bought a used Edmund Astroscan from him, Scott Roberts, at
      > OPT around 1985 (about 23 years ago). That is, Scott was working
      > behind the counter at OPT's old store in downtown Oceanside.

    • P. Clay Sherrod
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
        Further clarification: Scott did not work at Meade for 31 years nor did he "retire."

        Dr. Clay
        -------------
        Arkansas Sky Observatories
        Harvard MPC/ H43 (Conway)
        Harvard MPC/ H41 (Petit Jean Mountain)
        Harvard MPC/ H45 (Petit Jean Mtn. South)
        http://www.arksky.org/

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
          I stand humbly corrected.

          --- In Meade-Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "P. Clay Sherrod"
          <drclay@...> wrote:

          > Further clarification: Scott did not work at Meade for 31 years nor
          did he "retire."

          > Dr. Clay
          > -------------
          > Arkansas Sky Observatories
          > Harvard MPC/ H43 (Conway)
          > Harvard MPC/ H41 (Petit Jean Mountain)
          > Harvard MPC/ H45 (Petit Jean Mtn. South)
          > http://www.arksky.org/

          3/29/2008 5:02 PM

        • autostaretx
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
            When you receive (or run out and buy) your April 2008
            Sky & Telescope, you'll find David Levy's column is
            a page-plus tribute to Scott Roberts. pp 77/78

            It closes saying he "resigned" from Meade, but did not
            say why, nor specifically where he's going.

            have fun
            --dick
          • Curtis Croulet
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 8, 2008
              --- In Meade-Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Ota" <matthewota@...>
              wrote:

              > perhaps it was 21 years.....regardless the word I got was that he
              > retired. I am not sure what kind of golden parachute he had.

              Actually, I think we bought that scope in spring 1986. My wife wanted
              it for Halley.