State of the List Message

  • rmollise@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      HI Gang:

      Well, Meade Uncensored has passed an important milestone: as of this morning we've attained the 1000 mark in subscriptions. But we can't rest on our laurels...nothing's perfect...the main thing I see that could be improved is the traffic level. THE LIST NEEDS MORE TRAFFIC! Let's start talking!

      There's no shortage of things to discuss, that's derned shore! For example...how about the Meade LX200 GPS 14? What are your thoughts? And, while a fairly high percentage of the discussion here centers around recent Meade SCTs, that needn't be so. ALL Meade scopes are appropriate for discussion! How about you StarFinder folks? The small dobs are gone, but the 12 and 16 dobs and the 16 EQ remain, and I'm hearing the optics are better than ever. How about it? And how about the world of older Meade scopes? LX3s, 5s, 6es, etc.? Or Research Grade Newtonians? Or MTS SN scopes? Or DS (as in the the DS10 and DS 16) models? Or how how about the AMAZING DEAL Astronomics is offering for the ETX90 RA (less than 200 dollars right now)? You get the picture. :-)

      And don't forget to talk the list up with your local club members who are Meade fanciers, etc.

      Peace,
      Rod Mollise
      Author of:_Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope_
      <http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html>
    • lynol1000
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
        Sheesh Rod,

        the etx90ra's for a while, think how nice the ota would look mounted
        on top of my lx200 10inch as a guider, well went and did it.

        As of earlier today Astronomics did not know if they could get
        anymore from Meade (or somewhere) and were all sold out. I looked at
        ApogeeInc and Woodland Hills (and others). While not as good a deal
        as Astronomics they were both under $200, finally went with WH purely
        on price (and a quick checkout, never dealt with them before).

        So now the etx70AT, lx200, 8inch dob on tracking platform and old
        60mm department store refractor will have a new family member in the
        not to distant future. As the wife said 'so why...' :)

        Gene

        --- In Meade-Uncensored@y..., rmollise@a... wrote:
        > HI Gang:
        >
        > Well, Meade Uncensored has passed an important milestone: as of
        this morning we've attained the 1000 mark in subscriptions. But we
        can't rest on our laurels...nothing's perfect...the main thing I see
        that could be improved is the traffic level. THE LIST NEEDS MORE
        TRAFFIC! Let's start talking!

        > There's no shortage of things to discuss, that's derned shore! For
        example...how about the Meade LX200 GPS 14? What are your thoughts?
        And, while a fairly high percentage of the discussion here centers
        around recent Meade SCTs, that needn't be so. ALL Meade scopes are
        appropriate for discussion! How about you StarFinder folks? The small
        dobs are gone, but the 12 and 16 dobs and the 16 EQ remain, and I'm
        hearing the optics are better than ever. How about it? And how about
        the world of older Meade scopes? LX3s, 5s, 6es, etc.? Or Research
        Grade Newtonians? Or MTS SN scopes? Or DS (as in the the DS10 and DS
        16) models? Or how how about the AMAZING DEAL Astronomics is offering
        for the ETX90 RA (less than 200 dollars right now)? You get the
        picture. :-)

        > And don't forget to talk the list up with your local club members
        who are Meade fanciers, etc.

        > Peace,
        > Rod Mollise
        > Author of:_Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope_
        > <http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html>
      • Daryn Baker
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
          List;

          I also spoke with Astronomics yesterday and they took my name and said they'd
          call me IF/when the ETX90RA became available again for the $149.00 price. I'd
          be happy to post to the list as soon as I receive word just to let everybody
          know that they are available, but need to move fast; the lady I spoke with
          yesterday told me that they had 56 of these units last Monday and were gone by
          end of day Wednesday!

          Daryn

          http://sbc.yahoo.com