Meet NEO 2004 VD17: Earth Impact in May 2089, May 2012 or May 2104?

  • P. Clay Sherrod
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      There is an incredibly interesting object that might create a potential hazard
      for Earth within the next century, NEO 2004 VD17: based on current
      observations, Earth impact could be possible in May 2089, May 2012 or May 2104;
      an update on this object, now in southern skies, is posted at ASO under the "ASO
      News Section" ( http://www.arksky.org/ )

      Dr. Clay
      --------------------
      Arkansas Sky Observatories
      Harvard MPC H41 (Petit Jean Mountain)
      Harvard MPC H45 (Petit Jean Mountain South)
      Harvard MPC H43 (Conway)
      Harvard MPC H44 (Cascade Mountain)
      http://www.arksky.org/

      NOTE that all ASO outgoing mail is protected by McAfee, Zone Alarm and
      tcworks.net security
      and is certified Virus and Spam-free
    • DRLunsford
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
        --- In Meade-Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "P. Clay Sherrod" <drclay@...>
        wrote:

        > There is an incredibly interesting object that might create a
        potential hazard
        > for Earth within the next century, NEO 2004 VD17: based on current
        > observations, Earth impact could be possible in May 2089, May 2012 or
        May 2104;
        > an update on this object, now in southern skies, is posted at ASO
        under the "ASO
        > News Section" ( http://www.arksky.org/ )

        Whew - that's 2102, not 2012 :) Nice heads up!

        -drl
      • Greg Alterton
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
          DRLunsford <antimatter33@...> wrote:
          Whew - that's 2102, not 2012 :) Nice heads up!

          -drl

          Glad for the correction...The original email had me practicing "duck and cover."