Cathey/McAfee connections

  • Jim & Ginger McAfee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2009
      dunehew.htmlCathey & McAFee connection in early USA MIgrations.

      Descendants of Henry Dunehew

      Compiled by : Tina Rogers Beller and other descendants of the Dunehew families as well as the descendants of the McAfee family.

      Generation No. 1

      1. HENRY1 DUNEHEW was born Abt. 1780 in Tennessee perhaps, and died Unknown. He married UNKNOWN. She died Unknown.

      Notes for HENRY DUNEHEW:
      Per Tina Rogers Beller Files :
      May 20, 2006 :

      There is a man named HENRY DONAHOO on the 1803 Claiborne Co. TN Tax List, but it is yet unknown if this is HENRY DUNEHEW of the 1850 IZARD CO. AR. Census. We also
      see that a name of HENRY DUNEHEWE is listed on the 1840 GRAINGER CO. TN Census. Below are these listings so that others may do further research to see if it can be verified this is HENRY DUNEHEW of the 1850 IZARD CO. AR Census :

      Tennessee Census, 1810-91 Record
      about HENRY DONOHOO
      Name: HENRY DONOHOO
      State: TN
      County: Claiborne County
      Township: No Township Listed
      Year: 1803
      Record Type: Tax list
      Database: TN Early Census Index

      1830 GRAINGER Co. TN Census:
      HENRY DUNEHEWE 10001 10002

      1 male under age 5
      1 male of age 20 and to age 30 ( b. bet. 1800-1810 )
      1 female under age 5
      2 females of age 20 and to age 30 ( both b. bet. 1800-1810 )

      Some have listed HENRY DUNEHEW as father of WILLIAM C. DUNEHEW and it would seem possible as they were neighbors in Izard Co. AR on the 1850 census. Per some, William C. Dunehew was born to Henry Dunehew and Unknown spouse in 1816 Hickman Co. TN. Hickman Co. TN, Humphries Co. TN and Stewart Co. TN are in the middle of the state of TN. Per most listing Henry Dunehew, they have stated he was born either in Tennessee or Arkansas. I would think Tennessee or possibly even a state further east would be where Henry Dunehew was born in 1780 but have no verifications for him. The DONAHO / DONAHOO name is prevalent in the Pee Dee River area of NC and SC. The CATHEY name is also prevalent in that same SC region, and later we find that the CATHEY family has living in their household a young INMAN DUNEHEW who is regarded as the grandson of HENRY DUNEHEW in Izard Co. AR. ARCH CATHEY is listed as age 60 born in Georgia in the 1860 Izard Co. AR census. We know that many of the North Carolina families moved to Georgia with our own Spencer A. McAfee being one such family member born perhaps in NC who later moved with his family as a child to Georgia. Some listed Spencer A. McAfee born in GA as well, and in time we hope to prove he was born in NC and moved to GA. Later on Spencer A. McAfee moved to AR and married 3'rd wife, SURELDA JANE DUNEHEW the granddaughter of Henry Dunehew. Surilda / Sarelda Jane Dunehew was the daughter of William C. Dunehew and wife Mary A. Herrell or Howell.

      The Henry Dunehew of Miller Missouri census, is considered not to be our Henry Dunehew of the Izard Co. AR Census.

      Per Tina Rogers Beller files :

      per the 1850 Izard Co. AR Census 10/16 Image of Ancestry.com microfilm copy of census :

      464 464 Henry Donahew age 70 M Born : TENNESSEE ( b. abt. 1780 TN )
      James Jr. 13 M Born : TENNESSEE
      Inman 9 M Born : TENNESSEE

      Per the 1850 Izard Co. AR U. S. Census
      Franklin - Image 10 Household # 461
      this family is listed as:

      William C. Donahoo age 34 M. Farmer born in TENNESSEE
      Mary " " 31 F. " " INDIANA
      Parmellia " " 16 F. " " INDIANA
      SURILDER " " 12 F. " " INDIANA
      Martha " " 10 F " " INDIANA
      John C. " " 7 M. " " INDIANA
      Louisa " " 3 F. " " ARKANSAS

      Living next door to William C. Donahoo in this 1850 Izard Co. AR Census is the family of ARCHIBALD CATHEY age 30 ? or 38 ? and born GA, and wife Mary Ann age 37 b. KY
      ***

      Then we see that INMAN DUNAHOO is listed in the CATHEY household in 1860, had his grandfather HENRY DUNEHEW died by 1860 ?

      per the 1860 Franklin TWP IZARD CO. AR CENSUS June 15th Big Spring PO, image 32

      200 198 CATHEY, Arch 60 m born GEORGIA
      , Mary 49 f KENTUCKY
      , Sarah 16 f ARKANSAS
      , George W. 13 m ARKANSAS
      , Charles 11 m ARKANSAS
      , Young J. A. 6 m ARKANSAS
      DUNAHOO, INMAN 16 m F.L. TENNESSEE

      Inman Donahoo - Izard - Died Picahontas, AR 1862
      " A Good Story" Where I was and What I saw during the Late War" by Elihu C. Bechkam, Sergeant Co., "K" , 21st ARK.

      "Just here I will state that there were only two companies of McCarver's Regiment with us at that time, the other four companies having left for Bowling Green, KY, sometime before my enlistment. These companies were commanded by Captains Elkins, Wolf, Matheney, Airington, Shinpock, and Nunn. Several of the soldiers died while here, mostly from Measles, among whom were Davids Bone, Joel Battles, INMAN DONAHOO and Joe Miller. Sergeant Sam Taylor, while in a play with John Strother, accidntally broke his leg and was sent home. Capt. Elkins was sick and sent home at the same time and never came back to us. "

      per info on internet on ARCHIBALD CATHEY was born 25 Aug. 1799 in GA. He died Oct. 8, 1870 TN, and is buried in the Hill Orchard Cem. Houston Co. TN. ( could be two different Arch Cathey's ? or he may have returned to TN. from AR. ?? ) Some of the Cathey family had also been in Stewart Co. TN. Per other genealogies on CATHEY lines the surname is Scotch-Irish origin tracing back to the Lowlands of Scotland in the 17th Century. They were members of ancient clan of MACFIE and within that clan were names of MacPhee, Duffy, MacDuffy, McAfie, McFee, Mahaffey, McGuffey, MacCathie, Cathey. Catheys were thought to have been from GALLOWAY in the Scottish Lowlands and were early settlers in Ulster in the 17th Century. Some of the line arrived in Cecil Co. MD with the name of JOHN CATHEY b. 1685 Ulster Ireland. he arrived between 1746-1751 and they moved from MD into Lancaster Co. PA in early 1730's. By 1743 the Cathey name is found in Beverly Manor in Augusta Co. VA. JAMES CATHEY had migrated to ANSON CO. NC by late 1740s'. That land became ROWAN CO. NC by 1753. The Cathey Settlement or IRISH SETTLEMENT was located west of Salisbury NC and where James Cathey was in 1749. His sons moved into Mecklenburg Co. and Haywood Co. NC by late 1700's. Archibald Cathey is the only one of his siblings to have been listed born in GA. His father, Andrew Cathey was born in abt. 1721 PA and his sister, Rebecca G. Cathey b. 15 Sept. 1792 in NC. By 1799, Archibald Cathey is listed being born in GA.

      Children of HENRY DUNEHEW and UNKNOWN are:
      2. i. WILLIAM C. DUNEHEW OR2 DONAHOO, b. 1816, Tennessee ( possibly Hickman Co. TN ); d. Bet. 1869 - 1870, Howell Co. MO perhaps.
      3. ii. JAMES DUNEHEW/ DONAHOO, b. Abt. 1817; d. Unknown.

      Generation No. 2

      2. WILLIAM C. DUNEHEW OR2 DONAHOO (HENRY1 DUNEHEW) was born 1816 in Tennessee ( possibly Hickman Co. TN ), and died Bet. 1869 - 1870 in Howell Co. MO perhaps. He married MARY A. HERRELL OR HOWELL. She was born Bet. 1818 - 1819 in Tennessee, and died Bef. 1870 in Missouri perhaps.

      Notes for WILLIAM C. DUNEHEW OR DONAHOO:
      Per Ginger Turner posting on Dec. 09, 2001 :
      They spelled their name Donahoo.Donaho and several other ways back then. I have a William Dunhew b. 1816 TN. He was in Indiana in 1835 and had several children in Indiana before moving on to Arkansas in 1850 and to MO in 1860. The childrens names are : Parmelia, Parazada, Surilda, Martha, John, Manerva, Louisa, William, Mary Polly and Jasper.

      Per the 1850 Izard Co. AR U. S. Census
      Franklin - Image 10 Household # 461
      this family is listed as:

      William C. Donahoo age 34 M. Farmer born in TENNESSEE
      Mary " " 31 F. " " INDIANA
      Parmellia " " 16 F. " " INDIANA
      SURILDER " " 12 F. " " INDIANA
      Martha " " 10 F " " INDIANA
      John C. " " 7 M. " " INDIANA
      Louisa " " 3 F. " " ARKANSAS

      Living next door to William C. Donahoo in this 1850 Izard Co. AR Census is the family of ARCHIBALD CATHEY age 30 ? or 38 ? and born GA, and wife Mary Ann age 37 b. KY

      Per the 1860 Howell Co. MO Census , Miatt TWP.
      DUNAHO, William C. 44 ( b. 1816 ) M farmer b. TN.
      " , Mary 43 ( b. 1817 ) F b. TN
      " , Sarilda J. 22 ( b. 1838 ) F b. IN ( per our oral family history was Native American but no verifications for that ).
      " , John C. 16 ( b. 1844 ) M b. IN
      " , Manerva 14 ( b. 1846 ) F b. IN
      " , Louisa 12 ( b. 1848 ) F b. AR
      " , William W. 10 ( b. 1850 ) M b. AR
      " , Mary A. 8 ( b. 1852 ) F b. AR ( per some oral family history was 1/2 Cherokee, but I have seen no verification for that ).
      " , Jasper N. 4 ( b. 1856 ) M b. AR.

      Howell Co. Mo. marriage record.
      W.C. Dunehew to Sarah Clark on 7-11-1870

      Per the 1870 Howell Co. MO Census , Myatt TWP. West Plains, MO
      DUNEHEW, William C. 53 ( 1817 ) M Carpenter b. TN
      " , Sarah A. 42 ( 1828 ) F K/ H. b. IL.
      " , Polly A. 16 ( 1854 ) F b. AR
      " , Jasper N. 14 ( 1856 ) M b. AR.

      Some list another child for William C. Dunehew/Donahoo/ & etc.
      Parazada Dunehew b. 1836 d. 1849 so she would have been deceased by the 1850 Izard Co. AR census, thus not shown above.

      Ginger Turner helped in documenting others in our line of Spencer Alvin McAfee and Surilda Jane Dunehew. Along with Michael McAfee's data on Spencer Alvin McAfee, Ginger gave me data on Surilda Jane Dunehew and the Dunehew family which helped in my own research of the McAfee and Dunehew lines within our Davidson genealogy. As the Dunehew, McAfee, and Davidson lines are all direct lines of mine, I am most grateful to everyone who helped with this project of identification with these families. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      Per carjoy@... :
      William C. Dunehew files says this :
      b. 1816 TN. d. 1870 in Howell Co. MO.
      NATI : CHEROKEE INDIAN
      Ref. No. 2615
      Note : William C. Dunehew of Izard Co. AR was issued Land Patent Certificate No. 10, 230 on 1 July, 1859 for "the West fractional half of the North West fractional quarter, of Section thirty six, in Township seventeen North, of Range seven West in the District of Lands subject to sale at Batesville Arkansas, containing eighty five acres, and nine hundredths of an acre."

      Per this same record William C. Dunehew married Mary A. Herrell, or Howell b. 1818 in TN. Some have listed William C. Dunehew born in Hickman Co. TN, but I have not seen verifications for that. William C. Dunehew is also listed with second wife, Nancy Ann Passmore b. 1816 and that they married after 1856. William C. Dunehew is then listed with 3rd wife, Sarah A. Clark b. 1828 IL, per this same record file. The child listed as SURELDA J. DUNEHEW b. 1838 IN is my GGG Grandmother, Surilda Jane Dunehew McAFee who md. Spencer Alvin McAfee. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      Children of WILLIAM DONAHOO and MARY HOWELL are:
      4. i. PERMELIA3 DUNEHEW, b. Bet. 1834 - 1836, INDIANA; d. Unknown.
      ii. PARAZADA DUNEHEW, b. Abt. 1836, INDIANA; d. Abt. 1849, Indiana.

      Notes for PARAZADA DUNEHEW:
      Parazada was not on the 1850 Izard Co. AR Census in household of William C. Donahoo/ Dunehew and wife Mary, as Parazada died abt. 1849 in Indiana per other Dunehew files. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      iii. MARTHA DUNEHEW, b. Abt. 1840, INDIANA; d. Unknown; m. ELIJAH HILL/ HALL.

      Notes for MARTHA DUNEHEW:
      Martha was age 10 on the 1850 Izard Co. AR Census of William C. Donahoo/ Dunehew family. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      5. iv. SURILDA JANE DUNEHEW, b. January 13, 1840, Indiana; d. May 02, 1916, Bergman, Arkansas.
      6. v. JOHN CALVIN DUNEHEW, b. January 25, 1843, Evansville, Spencer Co., Indiana; d. July 05, 1928.
      vi. MANERVA DUNEHEW, b. 1846, Indiana; d. Unknown.

      Notes for MANERVA DUNEHEW:
      Manerva age 14 born in Indiana on the 1860 Howell Co. MO census of William C. Dunaho / Dunehew. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      vii. LOUISA DUNEHEW, b. February 25, 1847, Arkansas; d. October 24, 1930, Snowball, Searcy Co. Arkansas; m. BENJAMIN PASSMORE, August 07, 1866, West Plains, Howell Co. Missouri; b. March 22, 1847, Searcy Co. Arkansas; d. Unknown.

      Notes for LOUISA DUNEHEW:
      Louisa age 3 in 1850 Izard Co. AR census of William C. Donhoo/ Dunehew family. Louisa born in Arkansas per census . - Tina Rogesr Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      Marriage data per carjoy@... and Nancy Matthews data within these files.

      7. viii. WILLIAM WESLEY DUNEHEW, b. Bet. 1849 - 1850; d. Unknown.
      ix. MARY ANN DUNEHEW, b. February 27, 1852, Arkansas; d. June 06, 1934, Muskogee Co. Oklahoma.

      Notes for MARY ANN DUNEHEW:
      Per carjoy@... file on Dunehew, Mary Ann b. 27 Feb. 1852 Arkansas who was daughter of William C. Dunehew and Mary A. Herrell or Howell.
      " Mary Ann Dunehew notes "
      " Lillia Row stated that Polly Dunhue was part Indian. Kathleen Nodine stated she was Cherokee Indian."
      Mary Ann Dunehew married 25 Aug. 1872 in Howell Co. MO to William James Buckmaster b. 14 Apr. 1852 Ohio, married by J. W. Riley, J. P. "

      Children listed in this file for Mary Ann Dunehew and William James Buckmaster b. 1852 OH are :
      Elizabeth Louisa Buckmaster b. 1873 Howell Co. MO
      Amanda Isabell Buckmaster b. 1874 Ozark Co. MO
      William James Buckmaster Jr. b. 1875 Douglas Co. MO
      Charley Spencer Buckmaster b. 1878 MO.
      John Lee Buckmaster b. 1880 West Plains, Howell Co. MO.
      Albert Buckmaster b. 1883 Ozark, MO.

      x. JASPER N. DUNEHEW, b. 1856, Arkansas; d. Unknown.

      Notes for JASPER N. DUNEHEW:
      Per the 1870 Howell Co. MO Census Jasper N. Dunehew was age 14 on cnensus living in William C. Dunehew family. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      1870 Howell Co. MO Census , Myatt TWP. West Plains, MO taken 1st Aug. 1870, Lewis G. Thomas, Assst. Marshall, page 10 :
      DUNEHEW, William C. 53 ( b. 1817 ) Carpenter b. TN
      " , Sarah A. 42 ( b. 1828 ) b. IL
      " , Polly A. 16 ( b. 1854 ) b. AR.
      " , Jasper N. 14 ( b. 1856 ) b. AR.

      3. JAMES DUNEHEW/2 DONAHOO (HENRY1 DUNEHEW) was born Abt. 1817, and died Unknown. He married UNKNOWN. She died Unknown.

      Notes for JAMES DUNEHEW/ DONAHOO:
      James Dunehew, ( Sr. ) b. abt. 1817 may have died before the census of his father HENRY DUNEHEW/ Donahew in IZARD CO. AR listed below showing a young boy by name of JAMES DUNEHEW, Jr. Most are now assuming that James Jr. and Inman Donahew are grandchildren to Henry Donahew/ Dunehew shown as age 70 in this houshold in 1850 Izard Co. AR census. Later information on Inman Donahew/ Dunehew show he lived with the Cathey famiy and per history he died during Civil War.

      per the 1850 Izard Co. AR Census 10/16 Image of Ancestry.com microfilm copy of census :

      464 464 Henry Donahew age 70 m born TENNESSEE
      James Jr. 13 m TENNESSEE
      Inman 9 m TENNESSEE

      Children of JAMES DONAHOO and UNKNOWN are:
      i. JAMES DUNEHEW/3 DONAHOO, JR., b. Abt. 1837, Tennessee; d. Unknown.
      ii. INMAN DONAHOO, b. Abt. 1841, Tennessee; d. Unknown.

      Notes for INMAN DONAHOO:
      Per Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 10, 2004. :

      per the 1850 Izard Co. AR Census 10/16 Image of Ancestry.com microfilm copy of census :

      464 464 Henry Donahew age 70 m born TENNESSEE
      James Jr. 13 m TENNESSEE
      Inman 9 m TENNESSEE

      per the 1860 Franklin TWP IZARD CO. AR CENSUS June 15th Big Spring PO, image 32

      200 198 CATHEY, Arch 60 m born GEORGIA
      , Mary 49 f KENTUCKY
      , Sarah 16 f ARKANSAS
      , George W. 13 m ARKANSAS
      , Charles 11 m ARKANSAS
      , Young J. A. 6 m ARKANSAS
      DUNAHOO, INMAN 16 m farm laborer TENNESSEE

      Inman Donahoo - Izard - Died Picahontas, AR 1862
      " A Good Story" Where I was and What I saw during the Late War" by Elihu C. Bechkam, Sergeant Co., "K" , 21st ARK.

      "Just her I will state that there were only two companies of McCarver's Regiment with us at that time, the other four companies having left for Bowling Green, KY, sometime before my enlistment. These companies were commanded by Captains Elkins, Wolf, Matheney, Airington, Shinpock, and Nunn. Several of the soldiers died while here, mostly from Measles, among whom were Davids Bone, Joel Battles, INMAN DONAHOO and Joe Miller. Sergeant Sam Taylor, while in a play with John Strother, accidntally broke his leg and was sent home. Capt. Elkins was sick and sent home at the same time and never came back to us. "

      per info on internet on an ARCHIBALD CATHEY- unknown if he connected to the lines of ARCH CATHEY on the 1860 Izard Co. AR Census; however, I include this notation that further research may prove a connection and that some connection existed between the CATHEY family and the DUNHEW/ DONAHEW families of Izard Co. AR that we are yet to discover. :

      " Archibald Cathey was born 25 Aug. 1799 in GA. He died Oct. 8, 1870 TN, and is buried in the Hill Orchard Cem. Houston Co. TN. Some of the Cathey family had also been in Stewart Co. TN. Per other genealogies on CATHEY lines the surname is Scotch-Irish origin tracing back to the Lowlands of Scotland in teh 17th Century. They were members of ancient clan of MACFIE and within that caln were names of MacPhee, Duffy, MacDuffy, McAfie, McFee, Mahaffey, McGuffey, MacCathie, Cathey. Catheys were thought to have been from GALLOWAY in the Scottish Lowlands and were early settlers in Ulster in the 17th Century. Some of the line arrived in Cecil Co. MD in 17189 with the name of JOHN CATHEY b. 1685 Ulster Ireland. he arrived between 1746-1751 and they moved from MD into Lancaster Co. PA in early 1730's. By 1743 the Cathey name is found in Beverly Manor in Augusta Co. VA. JAMES CATHEY had migrated to ANSON CO. NC by late 1740s'. That land became ROWAN CO. NC by 1753. The Cathey Settlement or IRISH SETTLEMENT was located west of Salisbury NC and where James Cathey was in 1749. His sons moved into Mecklenburg Co. and Haywood Co. NC by late 1700's. Archibald Cathey is the only one of his siblings to have been listed born in GA. His father, Andrew Cathey was born in abt. 1721 PA and his sister, Rebecca G. Cathey b. 15 Sept. 1792 in NC. By 1799, Archibald Cathey is listed being born in GA. "

      Generation No. 3

      4. PERMELIA3 DUNEHEW (WILLIAM C. DUNEHEW OR2 DONAHOO, HENRY1 DUNEHEW) was born Bet. 1834 - 1836 in INDIANA, and died Unknown. She married ISAAC WOODREL. He was born Abt. 1830 in Tennessee.

      Notes for PERMELIA DUNEHEW:
      Permelia was age 16 in the 1850 Izard Co. AR Census of William C. Donahoo/ Dunehew family. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      1920 HOWELL Co. MO Census : South Park TWP : Enumerated on 30th day of January, 1920 :

      HH 118 - 118 PIERCY, Abraham K. Head MW 64 M. MO NC VA
      Piercy, Laura L. Wife FW 49 M. MO TN IN
      Woodrell, Myrtal Niece FW 12 S AR AR TN
      Woodrell, Permelia Mom in law FW 84 Wd. IN TN VA

      Notes for ISAAC WOODREL:
      Per Tina Rogers Beller Files ;

      1870 Howell Co. MO Census : Myatt TWP : Enumerated on 26th day of July 1870:

      HH 2 - 2 WOODREL, Isaac 40 MW Farmer b. TN
      " , Permelia 35 FW KH b. Ind.
      " , Mordica H. 14 MW At. Sch b. AR
      " , William C. 12 MW At. Sch. b. AR
      " , Thomas J. 10 MW At. Sch. b. MO
      " , Sirrilda 01 FW b. MO

      Neighbors were : ( could DURIWIN be DUNEHEW ? )

      Francis M Appesmer Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1869 Missouri White Male
      View Record Lucas Appesmer Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1864 Missouri White Male
      View Record Martha J Appesmer Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1839 Tennessee White Female
      View Record Rebecca A Appesmer Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1861 Missouri White Female
      View Record Thomas W Appesmer Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1830 North Carolina White Male
      View Record Mary Bolin Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1855 Arkansas White Female
      View Record James Cash Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1869 Arkansas White Male
      View Record John Cash Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1868 Arkansas White Male
      View Record John Cash Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1844 Tennessee White Male
      View Record Lurany Cash Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1867 Arkansas White Female
      View Record Marganie Cash Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1865 Arkansas White Female
      View Record Rutha Cash Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1845 Tennessee White Female
      View Record James A Comnon Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1845 Missouri White Male
      View Record John Comnon Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1855 Arkansas White Male
      View Record Louisa Comnon Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1846 Arkansas White Female
      View Record Lorenzo D Comon Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1858 Missouri White Male
      View Record Allis L Duriwin Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1870 Missouri White Female
      View Record Andrew J Duriwin Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1867 Missouri White Male
      View Record Elza T J Duriwin Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1865 Tennessee White Female
      View Record Francis M Duriwin Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1858 Tennessee White Male
      View Record George W Duriwin Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1860 Tennessee White Male
      View Record Margarette L Duriwin Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1841 Tennessee White Female
      View Record Mathew D Duriwin Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1840 Tennessee White Male
      View Record Charley Koons Myatt, Howell, MO abt 1866 Illinois White Male

      *************************

      1880 Howell Co. MO Census : North Half of South Park TWP : Enumerated on 26th & 27th day of June, 1880

      HH 55 - 59 WOODREL, Isaih WM 52 TN TN TN
      " , Permelia WF 46 HW IN __ __ ( wife )
      " , Wm. WM 22 FW AR TN IN ( son )
      " , Zirilda A. WF 12 HW MO TN IN ( dau. )
      " , Laura L. WF 9 AH MO TN IN ( dau. )
      " , Jasper WM 7 AH MO TN IN ( son )
      " , John W. WM 5 AH MO TN IN ( son )
      " , Robert WM 2 AH MO TN IN ( son )
      GREEN , John N. WM 39 farmer IN Ireland TN ( farmer )

      Living next door to the WOODRELS are SARAH A. GREEN age 52 in HH 66 - 70 ( either wife or mother to JOHN N. GREEN in WOODREL HH ? )

      Children of PERMELIA DUNEHEW and ISAAC WOODREL are:
      i. MORDICAI H.4 WOODREL, b. Abt. 1856, Arkansas; m. CATHERINE E. UNKNOWN; b. North Carolina.

      Notes for MORDICAI H. WOODREL:
      Per Tina Rogers Beller Files :

      Mordicai H. Woodrel
      Home in 1880: South Fork, Howell, Missouri
      Age: 24
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1856
      Birthplace: Arkansas
      Relation to head-of-household: Self
      Spouse's name: Catharine E.
      Father's birthplace: TN
      Mother's birthplace: IN
      Neighbors: View others on page
      Occupation: Farmer
      Marital Status: Married
      Race: White
      Gender: Male

      Household Members: Name Age
      Mordicai H. Woodrel 24
      Catharine E. Woodrel 28

      ii. WILLIAM C. WOODREL, b. Abt. 1858, Arkansas.
      iii. THOMAS J. WOODREL, b. Abt. 1860.
      iv. SIRRILDA A. WOODREL, b. Abt. 1869, Missouri.
      v. LAURA L. WOODREL, b. Abt. 1871, Missouri; m. ABRAHAM K. PIERCY.

      Notes for ABRAHAM K. PIERCY:

      1920 HOWELL Co. MO Census : South Park TWP : Enumerated on 30th day of January, 1920 :

      HH 118 - 118 PIERCY, Abraham K. Head MW 64 M. MO NC VA
      Piercy, Laura L. Wife FW 49 M. MO TN IN
      Woodrell, Myrtal Niece FW 12 S AR AR TN
      Woodrell, Permelia Mom in law FW 84 Wd. IN TN VA ( mother to LAURA L. WOODRELL PIERCY )

      vi. JASPER WOODREL, b. Abt. 1873.
      vii. JOHN W. WOODREL, b. Abt. 1875.
      viii. ROBERT WOODREL, b. Abt. 1878.

      5. SURILDA JANE3 DUNEHEW (WILLIAM C. DUNEHEW OR2 DONAHOO, HENRY1 DUNEHEW) was born January 13, 1840 in Indiana, and died May 02, 1916 in Bergman, Arkansas. She married SPENCER ALVIN MCAFEE April 21, 1865, son of JOHN MCAFEE and ELVIRA UNKNOWN. He was born January 15, 1832 in Rutherford, North Carolina or GEORGIA, and died January 10, 1912 in Bergman, Arkansas.

      Notes for SURILDA JANE DUNEHEW:
      Surilda J. was on the 1850 Izard Co. AR Census in household of William C. Donahoo/Dunehew family. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      Per photo owned by my mother, Elsie B. Davidson and now in my possession, showing Spencer Alvin McAfee and Surilda Jane Dunehew who were Great Grandparents of Elsie B. Davidson Rogers, and from the oral history Elsie told me about them, it appears that Surilda Jane Dunehew McAfee may have been Native American as many have said of her family. " We have no verifications to prove this however. " Family oral history is in most all the lines of DUNEHEW / DONNAHOU / DONAHOO family who have the same oral history of the Dunehew family being Cherokee or Native American and were from Indiana into Arkansas. Elsie was aware that the Dunehew line also was living in Missouri and had researched various court houses to find more information on Dunehews and McAfee family. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      Per 1850 Izard Co. AR census of William C. Dunehew family spelled Donahew :

      William C. Donahoo age 34 M farmer born Tennessee
      Mary " " 31 F " Indiana
      Parmelia " " 16 F " Indiana
      Surilda " " 12 F " Indiana
      Martha " " 10 F " Indiana
      John C. " " 7 M " Indiana
      Louisa " " 3 F " Arkansas

      Per Michael L. McAfee, BGEN :
      "Spencer married Surilda Edney Denehew ( 13 Jan 1848, Indiana , 13 May 1912 Bergman, Boone Co. AR ) on 21 Apr 186. She bore him 10 children. "

      1850 Izard Co. AR Census of Henry Dunehew ( perhaps father of William C. Dunehew ) lived a few doors away from William C. Dunehew

      Pg. 10/16 1850 Izard Co. AR Census :

      464 464 Henry Donahew age 70 m born Tennessee
      James Jr. 13 m Tennessee
      Inman 9 m Tennessee

      1860 Franklin TWP IZARD CO. AR CENSUS june 15th, Big S[rings PO , pg. 32 Images
      200 198 CATHEY, Arch 60 m GEORGIA 1400/800
      , Mary A. 49 f Kentucky
      , Sarah 16 f Arkansas
      , George W. 13 m Arkansas
      , Charles 11 m Arkansas
      , Young J. A. 6 m Arkansas
      DUNAHOO, INMAN 16 m frm Laborer TENNESSEE

      More About SURILDA JANE DUNEHEW:
      Burial: 1916, York Cemetery, Bergman, Arkansas

      Notes for SPENCER ALVIN MCAFEE:
      Per Tina Rogers Beller :
      Photo of Spencer A. McAFee & 3rd wife Surelda J. Dunehew identified by both Elsie B. Davidson Rogers & Michael McAfee both descendants of Spencer A. McAFee. Surelda Jane Dunehew (d/o William C. Dunehew ) is third wife of Spencer A. McAfee. Spencer A. McAfee's 2nd wife was Hannah Adeline Lance ( line of Brig. Gen. Michael McAfee & others.
      __________________________________________________________________________ ________
      Per Brig. Gen. Michael McAfee Files which enabled us to do further research on Spencer A. McAfee, Sr. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 09, 2004.
      Facts known :
      1. Spencer McAfee and his siblings moved with their parents to Habersham Co. GA in 1840 ( per Michael McAfee ) and then to Cherokee Co. GA in 1850.
      2. Spencer McAfee is listed twice on the 1850 GA Census : Spencer is listed as the only landowner of the family in 1850 Walker Co. GA Census and then he is again listed as Spencer McAfee age 18, living with his brother Burton McAfee age 20 and family in 1850 Cherokee Co. GA Census
      3. Spencer McAfee is listed in the 1860 Marion Co. AR census in Rapps Barren TWP microfilm M653-46.
      4. Spencer McAfee is not listed in the 1870 AR census as he lived in Howell Co. MO then.
      5. Spencer McAfee is not listed in the 1880 AR Census as he was living in Ozark Co. MO then. ( had lived in Howell Co. MO when Mary Francis McAfee born in 1879 ).
      6. Also refer to the 1885 MO land patent in name of Spencer McAfee in 1885 as he lived in Missouri still.
      7. Then by 1890 Spencer McAfee and family were living in Boone Co. AR and are on the 1900 census there.
      __________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
      Per Michael L. McAfee, BGEN on May 26, 2003 regarding SPENCER ALVIN MCAFEE :
      Spencer Alvin McAfee was born on 15 DEC 1832, in Rutherford County, North Carolina, ( Western North Carolina .) His mother was Elzira McAfee, born in North Carolina. ( documentation sparse, yet reliable, ) in 1804. He was the sixth of 10 children:
      1 ) Berry McAfee ( Male ) 1824, North Carolina
      2 ) ? McAfee ( Male ) 1825-1830
      3 ) ? McAfee ( Male ) 1825-1830
      4 ) ? McAfee ( Male ) 1825-1830
      5 ) Burton McAfee 1830 North Carolina
      6 ) Spencer McAfee 15 JAN 1832 Rutherford County, North Carolina 14 Nov 1912 Boone County, Arkansas
      7 ) John McAfee 1833 Georgia
      8 ) Mahala McAfee ( Female ) 1835 Georgia
      9 ) William McAfee 1839 Georgia
      10) Colphas McAfee 1842 Georgia

      The family moved to Habersham County, Georgia in 1840, then to Cherokee County, Georgia in 1850. These counties are proximal to Rutherford County, North Carolina. The 1850 Census lists Elzira as the head of household. His father is speculated to be John S. McAfee. Spencer lists John as his father in a census, and in a bible record. Spencer is listed as the only landowner of the family in the 1850 Walker County, Georgia, 1850 Census. He is listed twice in the 1850 census, ( Cherokee County, also. ). In Walker County, Spencer was living with his brother, Berry and his wife, Nancy. they had two children: William Washington McAfee and Louise E. McAfee, ( same William W. in Newton County, Arkansas. The father was not present in 1850 on and either died or left the family. ) Spencer was located in Fulton County, Arkansas in 01 OCT 1856 with his first wife, Eveline, nee Sparks. She died 7 months after this marriage date and was buried on the North Fork of the White River in Fulton County, ( Sparks Cemetery. ) Several other members of the family moved into Arkansas from Georgia about the same time. his brother, Berry was in Newton County during the 1860's. Spencer maried his second wife, Hannah Adeline Lance, ( 1828, Tennessee, ) on 15 SEP 1859. He called her "Hanner." She bore two sons:
      1 ) William Eldridge McAfee 07 OCT 1861 Near banks of North Fork of White River, near Mt. Home, Arkansas
      29 Jun 1950 Healdton, Oklahoma
      2 ) Samuel Hannah McAfee 07 OCT 1861 Near banks of North Fork of White River, near Mt. Home Arkansas
      16 OCT 1861 Near banks of North Fork of White River, near Mt. Home, Arkansas.
      Hannah had barely time to recover from the birth of twins, the death of one,
      Samuel Hannah McAfee died of fever, that she endured escape to Missouri with the onset of the Civil War. along with several families, including his brother, John, his brother in law, Frank Lance, and other Franks brother, Spencer joined Company G, Phelps Regiment, Missouri Mounted Infantry, on 15 DEC 1861, in Rolla, Missouri. Spencer left the unit at the time of Hannah's death, Rolla, Missouri, due to measles, 03 DEC 1862. He reenlisted with Company K, 16th Missouri Cavalry, and served 'til war's end in 1865, leaving William Eldridge McAfee in the care of his wife's sister, Mary Lance. Spencer married Surilda Edney Denehew ( 13 Jan 1848, Indiana, 13 May 1912 Bergman, Boone County, Arkansas ) on 21 APR 1865. She bore 10 children :

      1 ) Infant son 1867 ; 16 Aug 1867
      2 ) Infant son 1868 ; 14 Apr. 1868
      3 ) John Wesley McAfee 1869 ; 20 Sep 1879
      4 ) Mary Francis McAfee 1873; Unknown *
      5 ) James Newton McAfee 02 Feb. 1873; May 20 1873
      6 ) Jasper B. McAfee 27 Oct 1874; Unknown
      7 ) Amelia Belle McAfee 27 Oct. 1874; Unknown
      8 ) Amanda Elzira McAfee 03 June 1879; Unknown
      9 ) Spencer Alvin McAfee 12 Nov 1882; Unknown
      10 ) Surilda Edney McAfee 02 Jan 1890; Unknown *
      ( * Child # 10, Surilda Edney McAfee has same birthdate as our Edna Surilda Weaver child of Mary Francis McAfee b. 1871 MO and Henry Weaver. - Tina Rogers Beller )
      Here's a different perspective however, -Per Aubrey Cloud information :
      "Spencer Alvin McAlfee was born Jan. 15, 1832 in Rowan Co. NC and died Nov. 14, 1912 in Bergman, Boone Co. AR. He married ( 1 ) Eveline Sparks Oct. 01, 1856 in Fulton Co. AR. She died May 1857 in Fulton Co. AR. He married ( 2 ) Hannah Adaline Lance Sept. 01, 1859 in Marion Co. AR. She was born 1828 in TN and died Dec. 03, 1862 in AR. He married ( 3 ) Sarilda Jane Dunehew April 21, 1865 in Marion Co. AR. She was born Jan. 13, 1840 in Indiana and died May 13, 1917 in Bergman Boone Co. AR. In 1910 census, he is listed as being married 3 times. Last wife Sarilla ? "
      __________________________________
      PER TINA ROGERS BELLER FILES :
      CENSUS DATA :
      Per the 1840 HABERSHAM CO. GA Census : Capt. Turners Dist. ( 558 ) Habersham GA:
      ELZIRA McAFEE 12310 1000010
      Enumerations are :
      1 free white male under age 5
      2 free white males of 5 and under 10 years of age ( one son is SPENCER A. McAFEE, born 1829-1832 GA, or NC ? )
      3 free white males of 10 and under 15 years of age
      1 free white male of 15 and uner 20 years of age
      1 free white female under age 5
      1 free white female of 30 and under 40 years of age.
      ( 1 person said to be involved in mining on Ancestry census transcription )

      Per the 1850 Cherokee Co. GA Census Dist. 15, 18th Division 5th Day of Sept. 1850 taken by W. P. Hammons ( HAMMOND ) Asst. MARSHAL ( 455 ) Image 107/280 on Ancestry.com microfilm copy of Census : ( some have mistakenly listed ELVIRA McAFEE as ELZIRA due to an old illegible copy of the 1850 Cherokee Co. GA Census. ) - Tina Rogers Beller, July 05, 2004.
      718 720 ELVIRA MCAFEE age 46 F born NC
      Burton McAfee age 20 M farmer born NC
      Spencer McAfee age 18 M. born GRO, GEO = GEORGIA ?
      John McAfee age 17 M born GRO, GEO = GEORGIA ?
      William McAfee age 11 M born GRO, GEO, = GEORGIA ?
      Colphus McAfee age 8 M born GRO, GEO, = GEORGIA ?
      Tina Rogers Beller files : Transcribed May 02, 2006.
      Paid researcher found no deeds for surname of McAFEE in Habersham Co. GA Deeds in listings of both Direct and Reverse index listings in Superior Court of Deed Records and Mortages, Books A - Q, 1819 - 1838 ( Roll #178 - 48 ) or in Habersham Co. GA in Direct and Reverse Index listings of Superior Court of Deed Records and Mortgages, Books P-R in 1839-1848 ( Roll #178-48 ). Fire destroyed all records in WALKER Co. GA in 1882, so records for some of our McAfee's in Walker Co. GA Census's are still unknown.
      CHEROKEE Co. GA DEED INDEX listings : DIRECT and REVERSE INDEX Listings in the Superior Court Index of Deed Records and Mortgages, Books A - Z, 1833 - 1854 ( Roll #12 -42 ) 14 pages copied. Transcriptions of those copies are listed below starting with name of SPENCER McAFEE :

      1850 Cherokee Co. GA Land Deed, ( Reverse ) : Book H, page 93
      McAFEE, SPENCER, ( Grantee ) from Corbin, Terrell by Shff. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated; April 02, 1850 - Recorded on : April 09, 1850 Book H; page 93.
      ( also on same page with Spencer McAfee are following McAfee's with Deeds in REVERSE : )
      McAfee, Jno. M. ( Grantee ) From: Mobley, John ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Sept. 10, 1850; Recorded on : Jany, 28, 1850 Book H; page 405.
      McAfee, John M. ( Grantee ) From: Delany, John M. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Sep. 2, 1850 ; Recorded on : Jany. 28, 1850 Book H; page 406.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From: Fulward, James ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Nov. 1, 1849 ; Recorded on : Jany. 28, 1850 Book H; page 407.
      McAfee, Jno. M. ( Grantee ) From: Winn, Jno. P. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Sept. 19, 1850 ; Recorded on : Jany. 28, 1850 Book H; page 408.
      McAfee, Jno. M. ( Grantee ) From : McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Nov. 24, 1849 ; Recorded on : Jany. 28, 1850 Book H; page 409.
      Following are all the other McAfee's in the 14 pages of Deed Index Listings for Cherokee Co. GA for years of 1833- 1854 in REVERSE :
      McAfee, T. G. & Lammond ( Grantee ) From: Thompson, Saml- W. ( Grantor ) Moot Dated : Feb. 17, 1842 ; Recorded on : Apr. 11, 1842 Book F. page 179.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Mattox, David ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Feby. 6, 1841 Recorded on : June 2, 1843 Book F. page 472.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Dumi, Wm. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Dec. 22, 1840 Recorded on : May 2, 1843 Book F. page 472.
      McAfee Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : McDonald Wm. H. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Jany. 30, 1841 Recorded on May 2, 1843 Book F. page 473
      McAfee, Robt. ( Grantee ) From : Cherokee County ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Feby. 22, 1843 Recorded on : June 5, 1843 Book F. page 487
      McAfee, Jno. M. ( Grantee ) From : Mcafee Wm. M. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Sept. 13, 1845 Recorded on : Sep. 10, 1846 Book H. page 117
      McAbee, Abner ( sic McAfee ) ( Grantee ) From : Henson, Susan ( Grantor ) Deed Dated: Nov. 4, 1845 Recorded on : Sep. 25, 1846 Book H page 127
      McAfee, T. G. ( Grantee ) From : Newell, Saml. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated Sep. 4, 1839; Recorded Dec. 8, 1839 ; Book E. page 7.
      McAfee, T. G. & Blackwell ( Grantee ) From : Blankenship Benj. S. by Shff. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Apr. 9, 1840 ; Recorded on : Apr. 9, 1840; Book E. page 138.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Damer, David ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Apr. 10, 1840 ; Recorded on : June 1, 1840 ; Book E. page 175.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Mosely, H. T. ; ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Dec. 12, 1839; Recorded on : June 1, 1840 ; Book E. page 176.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Cherokee County ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : June 2, 1840; Recorded on : June 2, 1840; Book E. page 179.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Cherokee County ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : June 2, 1840 ; Recorded on June 2, 1840 ; Book E. page 191.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Taylor, Wm. by Admr. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated Oct. 6, 1840 ; Recorded on Oct. 6, 1840 ; Book E. page 283.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Tate, Wm. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Oct. 6, 1840; Recorded on Oct. 7, 1840 ; Book E. page 290.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Dunn, Drury by Shff. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Mch. 2, 1841; Recorded on Mch. 3, 1841 ; Book E. page 366.
      McAfee, J. W. ( Grantee ) From : Holloway Wm. ( Grantor ) P. A. Dated : Dec. 4, 1835; Recorded on June 6, 1837; Book C. page 156.
      McAfee, James ( Grantee ) From : Holloway, Wm. by Atty. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : May 28, 1836; Recorded on June 6, 1837; Book C. page 157.
      McAfee, Wm. ( Grantee ) From : Falkner J. M. by Atty. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : May 18, 1837; Recorded on June 24, 1837; Book C. page 182.
      McAfee, Wm. ( Grantee ) From : Winn, John P. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Oct. 2, 1837; Recorded on : Jan. 26, 1838; Book C. page 372.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Bouth, William ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : June 28, 1838; Recorded on Aug. 21, 1838; Book D. page 16.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Grisham, William ( Grantor ) Deed Dated; Aug. 21, 1838; Recorded on Aug. 21, 1838; Book D. page 31.
      McAfee, WM. M. ( Grantee ) From : Lord, Elizabeth ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Mch. 1, 1838 ; Recorded on Jany 11, 1839; Book D. page 188
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Chapman, Wm. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : July 21, 1839; Recorded on Aug. 21, 1839; Book D. page 425.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Peters, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : July 2, 1839; Recorded on Aug. 21, 1839; Book D. page 426.
      McAfee, & Gregory ( Grantee ) From : Ramy, Woodson ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Dec. 24, 1838; Recorded on Feby. 21, 1849; Book IJ page 234.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Delay, Jesse ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : May 22, 1847; Recorded on Feby. 21, 1849; Book IJ page 235.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Osborn, Geo. W. H. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Sept. 5, 1842; Recorded on Feby. 21, 1849; Book IJ page 236.
      McAFee, W. M. ( Grantee ) From : Casey, Elisha ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Feby 12, 1842; Recorded on Oct. 2, 1849; Book IJ page 430.
      McAfee, W. M. ( Grantee ) From : Rowe, Jno. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Feb. 12, 1842; Recorded on Oct. 2, 1849; Book IJ page 431.
      McAfee, W. M. ( Grantee ) From : Benson, Jno. B. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Sept. 16, 1845; Recorded on Oct. 2, 1849; Book IJ page 432.
      McAfee, W. M. ( Grantee ) From : Bullard, Needham ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Dec. 18, 1845; Recorded on Oct. 2, 1849; Book IJ page 432.
      McAfee, W. M. ( Grantee ) From : Wright, Ellis ( Grantor ) Deed Dated ; Dec. 2, 1848; Recorded on Oct. 2, 1849; Book IJ page 435.
      McAfee, W. M. ( Grantee ) From : Mahaffy, Wm. H. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : May 25, 1846; Recorded on Oct. 2, 1849; Book IJ page 435 or 436.
      McAfee, W. M. ( Grantee ) From : Winn, Jno. P. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Dec. 5, 1845; Recorded on Oct. 2, 1849; Book IJ page 436.
      McAfee, Henderson ( Grantee ) From : Arnold, Thos. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : June 2, 1846; Recorded on Feby 8, 1850; Book IJ page 501.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Whaley, Jno. K. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : June 18, 1849 ; Recorded on Feby. 5, 1850; Book IJ page 520.
      McAfee, Jno. M. ( Grantee ) From : Brooks, J. P. Shff. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated ; July 2, 1833 ; Recorded on July 4, 1833; Book A page 61
      McAfee, Wm.M. ( Grantee ) From : Lay, William ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : Apr. 7, 1834; Recorded on Apr. 11, 1834; Book A. page 419.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantee ) From : Kellogg & Sanford ( Grantor ) Deed Dated ; Apr. 11, 1834; Recorded on Apr. 11, 1834; Book A. page 420.
      McAfee, John ( Grantee ) From : Dye, D. O. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : May 27, 1833; Recorded on June 7, 1836; Book B. page 375 ?
      McAfee, John M. ( Grantee ) From : Parker, James by Sheriff. ( Grantor ) Deed Dated : May 26, 1836; Recorded on June 24, 1836; Book B. page 381.
      CHEROKEE CO. GA DEED INDEX; DIRECT LISTINGS :
      McAfee, Jno. M. ( Grantor ) From : Blythe, M. J. ( Grantee) Deed Dated : June 17, 1850; Recorded on May 13, 1852 Book L page 306
      McAfee, Henderson ( Grantor ) From : King, James ( Grantee ) Deed Dated Dec. 14, 1849; Recorded on Feby. 8, 1849 Book IJ page 502.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : Merritt, Levi ( Grantee ) Deed Dated Sep. -, 1849 ; Recorded on Feby. 5, 1850 Book IJ page 519.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From: Reed, John ( Grantee ) Deed Dated Jany. 16, 1851; Recorded on Sept. 2, 1851 ; Book K page 329.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : McAfee, John M. ( Grantee ) Deed Dated Nov. 24, 1849; Recorded on Jany. 28, 1851 ; Book K. page 409.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : Tate, Pickens ( Grantee ) Deed Dated Jany. - , 1851; Recorded on Feby. 24, 1851 ; Book K. page 453.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : Wafford, J. L. ( Grantee ) Deed Dated Jany. 15, 1851; Recorded on Aug. 20, 1851 ; Book L., page 66.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : Kellogg & Sandford ( Grantee ) Deed Dated : Apr. 11, 1834; Recorded on Apr. 11, 1834 ; Book A. page 420.
      McAfee, Jas. C. ( Grantor ) From : McAfee, J. W. ( Grantee ) Deed Dated : June 1, 1836; Recorded on June 1, 1837 ; Book C. page 158.
      McAfee, Tilman ( Grantor ) From : Jurvis, Saml. ( Grantee ) Deed Dated : Feby 4, 1846; Recorded on Feby. 16, 1846; Book G. page 574.
      McAFee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : McAfee, Jno. M. ( Grantee ) Deed Dated : Sept. 13, 1845; Recorded on Sept. 10, 1846; Book H. page 117.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : Galt, Jabez & J. L. ( Grantees ) Deed Dated : Aug. 3, 1847; Recorded on Nov. 13, 1847; Book H. page 414.
      McAfee, Robt. ( Grantor ) From : Maddox, J. A. & Posey ( Grantees ) Deed Dated : Dec. 8, 1847; Recorded on Dec. 21, 1847; Book H. page 426.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : Cook, N. J. ( Grantee ) Deed Dated : Mch. 8, 1849; Recorded on Apr. 3, 1849; Book IJ. page 267.
      McAfee, J. W. ( Grantor ) From : McLain, E. ( Grantee ) Deed Dated : Feby. 10, 1841; Recorded on Jany. 15, 1842; Book F. page 96.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : Paden, Moses ( Grantee ) Deed Dated : June 18, 1843; Recorded on July 4, 1843 Book F; page 527.
      McAfee, Wm. M. ( Grantor ) From : Hawkins, Robert ( Grantee ) Deed Dated: Jan. 26, 1838; Recorded on Jan. 26, 1838; Book C. page 373.
      McAfee, Wm. ( Grantor ) From : Lay, William ( Grantee ) Deed Dated : Dec. 30, 1836; Recorded on Jan. 29, 1838; Book C. page 376.
      SPENCER MCAFEE AND HANNAH ADELINE LANCE md. on Sept. 15, 1859.
      MCAFEE, SPENCER AR FULTON CO. ISSUED ON 12/10/1859 BATESVILLE LAND OFFICE, DOC. # 13959 , ACCESSION/SERIAL NR. AR0700__213
      LAND PATENT DETAILS ACESSION/SERIAL # AR0700__213 BLM Serial #: AR NO S/N
      Patentee : SPENCER MCAFEE Survey: State; ARKANSAS : ACRES; 40 Metes/Bounds: No Doc. # 13959
      Title Transfer: Issue Date : 12/10/1859 LAND OFFICE : Batesville Cancelled : NO Mineral Reservations : NO
      Authority: April 24, 1820: Sale-Cash Entry ( 3 Stat. 566 )
      1860 Marion Co. AR census ( Image 76 / 160 pg. 606 ) Ancestry.com microfilm copy of original census :
      RAPPS BARRNES TWP:
      513 - 1 SPENCER MCAFEE age 28 m w Farmer _____ Born GA
      ADELINE age 26 f w TN
      ELVIRA SUTTON age 55 f w NC ( could not read or write ) ( believed to be mother of Spencer McAfee, ELVIRA McAFEE )
      . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      1850 Cherokee Co. GA Census shows both Elvira McAfee and her neighbor ASA SUTTON. We later see ELVIRA SUTTON living with son Spencer McAfee in 1860 AR Census.
      Image 119-280
      807 ASA SUTTON 51 M Blacksmith born in SC
      ( Elvira Sutton is believed to be ELVIRA McAFEE shown on the GA Census listed below )
      18th Division, enumerated on Sept. 5, 1850 by W. P. Hammon
      718 - 720 ELVIRA McAffee 46 F born NC ( check mark )
      BURTON " 20 M NC ( check mark )
      SPENCER McAfee 18 M GA
      JOHN " 17 M "
      MAHALAH " 16 F "
      WILLIAM " 11 M "
      COLPHUS " 8 M "
      Living in HH 717 in 1850 Cherokee Co. GA Census is Manly Washington Ford b. 1811 in SC. and wife Martha Unknown. Manly Washington Ford ( son of Manly Ford b. Nov. 20, 1770, Spartanburg Dist. South Carolina & Mary Bishop, whom he married in 1792 Spratansburg Dist. SC, mother of Manly Ford next to Elvira. Manly Ford died at 74, in 1843 leaving a Will with Robinson Smith as Admr. in SC. ( son- in- law of Manly Ford & husband of his daughter, Mary Ford. ) Unknown as to connections ( if any ) between the FORDS and McAFEE's.

      Per Jay McAfee posting :
      Mcafee, Spencer
      Document number: 13959 Description number: 1
      Number of acres: 40.0000 Accession number: AR0700__.213
      Patentee Surname: Mcafee Patentee given name: Spencer
      State name: Arkansas
      Volume: 700 Page number: 213
      Land office: Batesville Aliquot part reference: SENW
      Section number: 7
      Township: 19 North Range: 10 West
      Meridian or special survey area: Fifth Principal Meridian
      Title transfer authority: Sale-Cash Entries
      Combined signature date: Dec. 10, 1859
      Multiple patentees: N Multiple warrantees: N
      Signature: Y Canceled document: N Subsurface rights reserved: N
      Metes and bounds: N Fractional section: N
      ______________________________
      Per Ginger Turner
      Spencer McAfee lived in Fulton Co. AR with wife, Eveline Sparks in 1856. He married on Sept. 15, 1859 to Hannah Adeline Lance and then left for Missouri. He enlisted in Missouri in the Union army in Dec. 1861, and served in the 16 Regiment Missouri Cavalry; John McAfee and brother Spencer McAfee, Frank Lance, and his brother all joined to fight in the Civil War. Spencer joined Co. G, Phelps Regiment, Missouri Mounted Infantry, on 15 DEC. 1861 in Rolla Missouri. Spencer left the unit at time of Hannah's death in Rolla, MO, due to Measles, on 03, Dec. 1862. He reenlisted with Co. K, 16th Missouri Cavalry, and served til war's end in 1865 leaving William Eldridge Mcafee in the care of his wife's sister, Mary Lance. :

      McAfee, Spencer Military Records :
      PHELPS' INDEPENDENT REGIMENT INFANTRY. Return to Index
      Organized at Rolla, Mo., September 22 to December 27, 1861. Served unattached, Army of Southwest Missouri, to February, 1862. 2nd Brigade, 4th Division, Army of Southwest Missouri, to May, 1862.
      SERVICE.-Duty at Roila, Mo., till February, 1862. Curtis' Campaign against Price in Missouri and Arkansas February and March. Actions at Sugar Creek and Bentonville February 17. Battles of Pea Ridge, Ark., March 6-8. Mountain Grove March 9. Mustered out May 13, 1862.
      Lost 2 Officers and 23 Enlisted men killed and 3 Officers and 91 Enlisted men by disease. Total 119.
      Source of Data: "A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, V.III" by Frederick H. Dyer, c1908, p.1340
      MISSOURI VOLUNTEER FORCES IN THE CIVIL WAR with Federal Service (UNION): 16th REGIMENT MO CAVALRY.
      This informational webpage has been created by the MO Commandery of MOLLUS.
      16th REGIMENT MO CAVALRY.
      Organized at Springfield, Mo., November 1, 1863, from 6th Regiment Enrolled Militia. Attached to District of Southwest Missouri, Dept. Missouri, to April, 1865, and to District of North Missouri, Dept. Missouri, to July, 1865.
      SERVICE--Scout and patrol duty in District of Southeastern Missouri till April, 1865, and in North Missouri till July. Actions in Wright County July 22, 1864; Dallas County September 19; Boonevllle October 9-12; Big Blue or State Line October 22. Engagement at the Marmiton, or Battle of Charlot, October 25. Mine Creek, Little Osage River, Marias des Cygnes, October 25. Big Blue October 31. Skirmishes in Texas County January 9-11, 1865. Scout, Ozark County, February 16-20 (Co. "B") Scouts from Salem and Licking to Spring River, Ark., and skirmishes, February 23-March 2. Operations about Licking March 7-25. Scouts from Licking April 1-30. Skirmish, Big Gravois, April 22. Scout from Lebanon to Warsaw May 18-26. Mustered out July 1,1865.
      Lost during service 1 Officer and 12 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and 1 Officer and 31 Enlisted men by disease. Total 45.
      Source of Data: "A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, V.III" by Frederick H. Dyer, c1908, p.1311
      Copyright (c) 1998
      Missouri Commandery
      Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the US
      SPENCER MCAFEE AGAIN MARRIED ON APRIL 21, 1865 TO SURILDA JANE DUNEHEW.
      MCAFEE, SPENCER MO HOWELL CO. ISSUED ON 5/10/1875 IRONTON LAND OFFICE DOC # 828, ACCESSION/SERIAL # MO4280_298
      LAND PATENT DETAILS : Accession/Serial # MO4280__298 BLM Serial # MO NO S/N
      Patentee: SPENCER MCAFEE Survey State: Missouri Acres: 160 Metes/Bounds No
      Title Transfer Issue Date: 5/10/1875 LAND OFFICE: Ironton Cancelled: NO Mineral Reservations: NO
      Authority : May 20, 1862: Homestead Entry Original ( 12 Stat. 392 ) Doc. # 828 Misc. doc. # : 1187
      1870 ( per Elsie B. Davidson Rogers information on Spencer McAfee family lived in West Plains, HOWELL CO. MO on Jan. 24, 1871 when MARY FRANCIS MCAFEE was born to Spencer and Surelda Jane Dunehew McAfee. By June 3, 1879 when Amanda Ella ( ELVIRA or ELZIRA ) McAFEE was born they were then living in Dora, OZARK CO. MO. The family then lived in Mountain Home AR ( BAXTER CO. AR ) and then in Keener AR ( Boone Co. AR ? ) and in Bergman AR ( Boone Co. AR ) where they died.
      Per Ginger Turner out of William C. Dunehew line ( William W. Dunehew brother of Surelda Jane Dunehew ) :
      1870 Howell Co Mo census, Benton twp, West Plains PO, July 16, pg 4 images, pg 459B
      25/25 McAfee, Spencer, 38, Nc, farmer, 500/250
      Sarilda, 29, In
      John W, 1, Mo
      1880 Ozark Co Mo census, Richland twp, June 22, pg 29 images, pg 561C
      263/268 Campbell, John M, 24, Il/In/Ky
      Sarah F, 20, In/Nc/Nc
      John, 65, In/Mas/Mas
      Darcus, 61, Ky/Ky/Ky
      Lindermith?, John, 33, Oh/Oh/Oh
      Mary, 20, Il/Il/Il
      McAfee, Spencer, 48, Nc/Va/Nc
      Surilda, 40, In/In/In
      Mary F, 9, Mo/Nc/In
      Jasper B, 5, Ar/Nc/In
      Amelia B, 3, Mo/Nc/In
      Amanda E, 1, Mo/Nc/In

      MCAFEE, SPENCER MO OZARK CO. ISSUED ON 4/20/1885 SPRINGFIELD LAND OFFICE DOC 3 31857 ACCESSION/SERIAL # MO5770__007
      LAND PATENT DETAILS : Accession/Serial #: MO5770__007 BLM Serial # MO NO S/N
      Patentee: SPENCER MCAFEE Survey STATE: Missouri Acres: 40 Metes/Bounds: NO
      Title Transfer Issue Date: 4/20/1885 LAND OFFICE: Springfield Cancelled : NO Mineral Reservations: NO
      Authority: April 24, 1820: Sale-Cash Entry ( 3 Stat. 566) Doc. # 31857 Accession/Serial # MO5770__007
      1880 Black River twp. Independence Co. Ar. census, June 26th, pg32 images
      302/302 Dunahoo, William, 31, farmer, Ar, unk, unk
      Louiza M., 26, wife, Ar,unk,unk
      James C, 9, Ar/Ar/Ar
      John M, 6, same
      Levi N, 3, same
      Mary H, 1, same
      Sarah E, 7/12, same (This shows Sarah as born Nov. 1879?)

      William W. Dunehew died before next census. He could be buried in Black River twp, Independence Co Ar as family stayed in that area for sometime.
      Per 1900 Boone Co. AR Census :
      236 238 McAffee, Spencer ( Head ) WM 1829 -32 ? age 68 M 35 North Carolina Virginia North Carolina
      " , Surilda ( wife ) WF 1842 ? age 57 M 35 Indiana Tennessee Indiana
      " , Spencer A. ( son ) WM 1873 age 27 S Missouri North Carolina Indiana
      Per 1910 Boone Co. AR Census : Elixr TWP; enumerated on April 15, 1910
      HH 51 - 51 McAfee, Spencer A. ( Head ) MW age 77 M 60 Born : Georgia Father b. US Mother b. US
      McAfee, Sirilla ( Wife ) FW age 66 M 46 Born : Indiana Father b. TN Mother b. Indiana
      Harrison Times of Dec. 7th, 1912 -Spencer McAfee, aged eighty years and ten months passed from this world to the world beyond on Nov. 14th, 1912. He served in the Civil War, was a minister of of the gospel, a good citizen and loved by all those who knew him. He leaves a wife, three sons and three daughters to mourn his loss. He was laid to rest in the York Cemetery. Rev. John Carter conducted services.
      YORK CEMETERY IN BOONE CO. AR, RECORDS SHOWED : 268. McAfee, Spencer - 15 Jan. 1832 - 14 Nov. 1912 "Co. K 16 Mo. Cav." (ft. mkr.) (1880 Census Ozark Co., MO)
      269. McAfee, Surilda J. - 13 Jan. 1840 - 13 May 1917 wf./Spencer (nee Donahue-info/relative) ( 1880 Ozark Co.MO)

      More About SPENCER ALVIN MCAFEE:
      Burial: 1912, York Cemetery, Bergman, Arkansas

      Children of SURILDA DUNEHEW and SPENCER MCAFEE are:
      i. UNKNOWN4 MCAFEE, b. 1867; d. August 16, 1867.
      ii. UNKNOWN MCAFEE, b. 1868; d. April 14, 1868.
      iii. JOHN WESLEY MCAFEE, b. 1869; d. September 20, 1879.

      Notes for JOHN WESLEY MCAFEE:
      Per Tina Rogers Beller files ; per Michael McAfee files and others.

      8. iv. MARY FRANCIS MCAFEE, b. January 24, 1871, West Plains, Howell Co., Misssouri; d. March 05, 1935, Bergman, Arkansas.
      v. JAMES NEWTON MCAFEE, b. February 02, 1873; d. May 20, 1873.

      Notes for JAMES NEWTON MCAFEE:
      Per Michael McAfee files; Per Tina Rogers Beller files

      9. vi. JASPER B. MCAFEE, b. October 27, 1875, Missouri ?; d. September 09, 1936, Oklahoma.
      vii. AMELIA BELLE MCAFEE, b. January 27, 1877, Missouri; d. Unknown; m. I. WELKER MILLER, October 09, 1898, Boone Co. AR; d. Unknown.

      Notes for AMELIA BELLE MCAFEE:
      Per the info given me by Michael L. McAfee, BGEN,
      "Amelia Belle McAfee was born 27 Jan, 1871. " Per the Cemetery listing of her sister, Mary Francis McAfee and the info my mother had on her grandmother, Mary Francis, we have a date of her birth ( Mary Francis McAfee's ) as being Jan. 24, 1871 in West Plains, MO. Could these two daughters of Spencer and Surilda Jane Dunehew have been twins ? - Tina Rogers Beller June 2003.

      Per Jim Breece files on Dec. 29, 2005 :
      " I. W. Miller ( 19 ) married Belle McAfee ( 21 ) of Keener AR., on Oct. 9th, 1898. "

      Per Tina Rogers Beller Files :

      1880 Ozark Co Mo census, Richland twp, June 22, pg 29 images, pg 561C
      263/268 Campbell, John M, 24, Il/In/Ky
      Sarah F, 20, In/Nc/Nc
      John, 65, In/Mas/Mas
      Darcus, 61, Ky/Ky/Ky
      Lindermith?, John, 33, Oh/Oh/Oh
      Mary, 20, Il/Il/Il
      McAfee, Spencer, 48, Nc/Va/Nc
      Surilda, 40, In/In/In
      Mary F, 9, Mo/Nc/In
      Jasper B, 5, Ar/Nc/In
      Amelia B, 3, Mo/Nc/In ( Amelia Belle McAfee who is listed as Belle McAfee who md. I. W. Miller ) b. abt. 1847 in MO.
      Amanda E, 1, Mo/Nc/In

      Per another file of Ira Welker Miller b. Dec. 14, 1878 he had wife named Permillia Belle Dora MacAfee whom we believe to be our Amelia B. ( Belle ) McAfee but the date of birth for Permillia Belle MacAfee is given being Jan. 27, 1877 in Bergman, Boone Co. AR. More research is needed to clarify the name of this individual but we are going by our McAfee's records of census data and other court house files, which listed her as Amelia B. McAfee, as the name of AMELIA has passed on in the McAfee lines. I believe Amelia E. McAfee shown as age 3 on above 1880 Ozark Co. MO Census, may have been born closer to 1877 than to 1871 per Michael McAfee's files, however. - Tina Rogers Beller, May 15, 2007.

      viii. AMANDA ELZIRA/ELVIRA ( ELLA ) MCAFEE, b. June 03, 1879, Dora, Missouri; d. December 23, 1967, Garden City, Kansas; m. R. P. JONES, September 04, 1897, Boone Co. AR.

      Notes for AMANDA ELZIRA/ELVIRA ( ELLA ) MCAFEE:
      Per Michael McAfee files, Tina Rogers Beller files and others.

      Per Jim Breece files on Dec. 29, 2005 :
      " R. P. Jones married Mandy Elzira McAfee in Boone Co. on the 4th of Sept., 1897. Both listed home as Keener AR. "

      Notes for R. P. JONES:
      1930 HAMILTON CO. KS, Census, Syracuse TWP: enumerated on April 3, 1930 by George R. Schroll:

      HH 9 - 11 JONES, Robert P. Head MW 58 M 25 Born : AR Father b. GA Mother b. US Farmer
      " , ELLA Wife FW 52 M 18 Born : MO Father b. GA Mother b. IND. Seamtress
      " , John H. Son MW 17 Single Born : AR Father b. MO Mother b. MO
      Dees, Robert W. Grandson MW 10 Single Born : OK Father b. AR Mother b. AR
      " , Freda M. Granddau. FW 7 Single Born : OK Father b. AR Mother b. AR

      HH - 12 SHOOK, Jasper J. Head MW 24 M 22 Born : AR Father b. US Mother b. MO Cook in Restaurant
      " , Pearl I. Wife FW 21 M 5 Born : OK Father b. TN Mother b. OK None
      " , Bettie J. Dau. FW 9/12 S Born : OK Father b. AR Mother b. OK
      Bennett, Jack R. Step/Son MW 3 3/12 S Born : KS Father b. IOWA Mother b. OK

      10. ix. SPENCER ALVIN MCAFEE, b. November 12, 1882, Missouri; d. Aft. 1920, Oklahoma.

      6. JOHN CALVIN3 DUNEHEW (WILLIAM C. DUNEHEW OR2 DONAHOO, HENRY1 DUNEHEW) was born January 25, 1843 in Evansville, Spencer Co., Indiana, and died July 05, 1928. He married (1) MARGARET BLYER Bet. 1861 - 1864. She was born Bet. 1843 - 1850 in Illinois, and died Unknown. He married (2) CASSIE EMALINE THORPE April 21, 1867 in Lawrence Co. ARKANSAS. She was born May 03, 1833 in ALABAMA or KENTUCKY, and died Unknown. He married (3) ELIZABETH ANN ELLIOTT February 25, 1897 in Strawberry, Lawrence Co. ARKANSAS. She was born Abt. 1846 in ALABAMA, and died Unknown. He married (4) MATTIE V. BELLE February 27, 1901 in Powhatan, Lawrence County, Arkansas. She was born 1862, and died Unknown. He married (5) FANNIE LOHNER July 12, 1911 in Lawrence Co. ARKANSAS. She was born 1851 in ALABAMA, and died Unknown.

      Notes for JOHN CALVIN DUNEHEW:
      John C. Dunehew was age 7 in 1850 Izard Co. AR Census of William C. Donahoo/ Dunehew family. - Tina Rogers Beller, Aug. 12, 2004.

      Per Powhatan Cemetery in Powhatan, Lawrence, Arkansas :
      JOHN CALVIN DUNEHEW b. 25 Jan. 1843, d. 5 July 1928 Unmarked; 16 MO Cavalry, Co. K.; 8 MO Cavalry

      ID : 106173 <br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)