FW: FUNNY...... (I don't think so)

  • Quilt Creator
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2000
      FUNNY

      If people would only read this and realize how true it is!!!
      Ain't this a shame? But yet, it's what was asked for!!!!
      In light of the recent shooting in Michigan,
      Let's see, I think it started when Madeline Murray
      O'Hare complained she didn't want any prayer in our
      schools, and we said OK..
      Then someone said you? better not read the Bible in
      school, the Bible that says thou shalt not kill,? thou
      shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself.
      And we said,? OK..

      Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our
      children when they misbehave because their little
      personalities would be warped and we might damage
      their self-esteem. And we said, an expert should know
      what he's talking about so we? won't spank them
      anymore..

      Then someone said teachers and principals better not
      discipline our children when they misbehave. And the
      school administrators said no faculty member in this
      school better touch a student when they misbehave
      because we don't want? any bad publicity, and we
      surely don't want to be sued. And we accepted their
      reasoning..

      Then someone said, let's let our daughters have
      abortions if they want, and they won't even have to
      tell their parents. And we said, that's a grand idea..

      Then some wise school board member said, since boys
      will be boys and they're going to do it anyway, let's
      give our sons all the condoms they want, so they? can
      have all the fun they desire, and we won't have to
      tell their parents? they got them at school. And we
      said, that's another great idea..
      Then some of our top elected officials said it doesn't
      matter what we do in private as long as we do our
      jobs. And agreeing with them, we said it doesn't
      matter to me what anyone, including the President,does
      in private as long as? I have a job and the economy is>
      good.

      And then someone said let's print magazines with
      pictures of nude women and call it wholesome
      down-to-earth appreciation for the beauty of the
      female body. And we said we have no problem with
      that..

      And someone else took that appreciation a step further
      and published pictures of nude children and then
      stepped further still by making them available on the
      internet. And we said?? they're entitled to their free
      speech.

      And the entertainment industry said, let's make TV
      shows and movies that promote profanity, violence, and
      illicit sex. And let's record music that encourages
      rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes.. And
      we said it's just entertainment, it has no adverse
      effect, and nobody takes it seriously anyway, so go
      right ahead..

      Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no
      conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and
      why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their
      classmates, and themselves.

      Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough,
      we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to
      do with... "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."
      Pass it on if you think it has merit! If not then just
      discard..... but if you discard this thought process,
      then don't sit back and complain about what a bad
      shape the world is in...VOICE YOUR OPINION HOWEVER YOU
      CAN!

      Dear God,

      Why didn't you save the little girl in Michigan?
      Sincerely,
      Concerned Student
      AND THE REPLY...
      Dear Concerned Student:
      I am not allowed in schools.
      Sincerely,
      God.
      Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and
      then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how
      we believe what the newspapers say, but question what
      the Bible says.

      Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they
      do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the
      Bible says.
      Funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still
      follow Satan (who, by the way, also "believes" in
      God).

      Funny how we are quick to judge but not to be judged.
      Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through
      e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you
      start sending messages regarding the Lord, people
      think twice about sharing.
      Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass
      freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion
      of Jesus is suppressed in the school and workplace.
      Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on
      Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the
      week.
      Are you laughing?

      Funny how when you go to forward this message, you
      will not send it to many on your address list because
      you're not sure what they believe, or what they will
      think of you for sending it to them.
      Funny how I can be more worried about what other
      people think of me than what God thinks of me.
      Are you thinking?