Re: William McGaugh b. 1727 died in Tn. 1789

  • Darby Drake
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2010
      While I have not found parents for William, I have been able to deduce his birthplace:  Pomeroy, Co. Tyrone, Ireland

      He is a fairly well documented person, so you may already have this information.  It comes from my cousin, June.  He was a soldier in the French-Indian war with George Washington in 1756.  In 1771 he was living in Augusta Co., VA.  He was one of 256 signers of the Cumberland Compact at Fort Nashborough on 13 May 1780.  He died at Hickman Station, Davidson Co., TN.

      William was my GGGGGG-grandfather.

      Darby
    • donnalyn27@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2010
        Hi Darby & All,

        Darby, how did you figure out William's birth place?

        Thanks!
        Donna

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 13, 2010
          Thanks Darby for your reply. where did you find the info about birthplace??

          TOMMY G. RAY
          tgr39056@...
          “TIME seems to be more valuable when one has a lesser amount to Lose.”