Re: Waimea Canyon on Kauai in Hawaii - for Emily

  • emilyseyes795
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003
      Todd,
      Yes! We spent a half day touring around the canyon. It
      was breathtaking! Ironically, I thought of the discussions we have had
      here and on other lists concerning the age of the earth. I must say
      the stories and legends were also pretty interesting as well as the
      scientific explanations. I look at all that beauty, Todd, and I say,
      "Wow! what a creator!" It does not make one bit of difference to me if
      He did it in millions of years or in the batting of an eye! I almost
      see the creation story as millions of years in slow motion...like
      those Islands coming up from the sea...it's like God could do it like
      they do the movies where they show the film going really fast to make
      a scene and then they show it backwards again just for fun. That's how
      I view this whole creation thing. It does not present a problem to me.
      The canyon was beautiful...beyond words. To look at it makes one look
      out at an eternity!
      Thanks for the links...I can't wait to look at them tonight. I will
      have to wait until I have a little more time to read them.
      em