You did it!

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

        posts "designed" to
        push the list above the
        last high mark?

        In any case, thanks
        again for the
        participation.

      • Ernest
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
          and what kind of prize do you or i get for this, smile

          rlbaty50 <rlbaty@...> wrote: It looks like February,
          2007 was a record-
          making month...562
          posts.

          Thanks for the
          participation!

          For verily i say unto you, till heaven and earth pass one jot or one tittle shal in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Mt.5:18

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

            > Rick, you wrote in part:
            >
            > > CSU was a nice
            > > campus when I
            > > was out there many
            > > years ago.
            >
            > > Do they still have
            > > all those big
            > > American elms, or
            > > did they all
            > > succumb to the
            > > Dutch elm disease?
            >
            > HMM! I'm not much of a
            > naturalist, Rick.
            >
            > They do have a lot of
            > big trees, at least on
            > parts of the campus;
            > maybe the survivors?

            There was a big space in the center
            of campus surrounded by a long oval
            sidewalk lined with big American elms.

            The Dutch elm disease was hurting them
            pretty bad and they were doing all sorts
            of research, not just on campus but around
            the old part of town, trying to figure out
            how to save them.

            There was a big tree on my street
            (Mason St.) that had a 5-gallon bucket
            full of medicine beside it, and tubes going
            from the bucket into needles that injected
            the chemical under the bark.

            If there are still large, deciduous
            broadleaves there, they are probably American
            elms (unless they got replaced by cottonwoods).

            > Rick, were your
            > posts "designed" to
            > push the list above the
            > last high mark?

            Who? Me?

            I just happened to be the guy on the
            free-throw line in the final seconds.

            I think a look at the game stats will
            show that I spent the last half of the
            first half and the first half of the
            last half down in the locker room,
            getting my ankle taped.

            All the credit goes to the team. I
            wasn't nearlybout the high scorer.

            Good game, though!

            Rick
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
              Rick,

              You are right, it's a team sport.

              Thanks for your "free-throws"!

              I was considering a last minute push, but decided to defer to the rest of of the team.

              Thanks for coming off the bench and making the last minute buckets!

            • Ernest
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
                I thought i would throw a pic. of elm tree foilage if it doesn't work i have throwed in the link to.

                http://www.pbase.com/hjsteed/foliage_elm