Skip to search.

"Why bother?"

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2006
      You're right. "Why bother?" is not an argument. Why bother playing a
      video game on the XBox 360? Why bother going to the theater to
      see "The Lake House"? Why bother walking down to Dairy Queen to have a
      half-and-half dipped in chocolate and nuts? Why bother buying and
      taking the time to read that novel by Harlan Coben that you see on the
      bookshelf in the store?

      I agree. These are purely subjective choices, and thus don't
      constitute an argument for or against anything. I could just as soon
      spend some of my time reading a book, as writing critical comments
      about creationism and creationists. (Of course, actually I do all of
      the above things, and many others, at different times.)

      Thus, also, it has no relevance to changing the fact that when
      something falsely pretends that the vanilla ice cream is chocolate,
      I'm right when I point out that (1) he's wrong, and (2) he's wrong for
      diligently, obstinately pretending what is wrong.

      - Todd Greene ;-)