Daniel Coe - The inquisition begins!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8 7:29 AM
      I suppose if Daniel Coe has his way, it won't be long before we have
      the "creed" necessary to determine whether or not a congregation
      is "sound".

      Just answer 50 out of 50 correctly and you get to be in Daniel Coe's
      circle of "sound" congregations.

      Here's how it begins:

      ####################################

      Forum: Contendingftf
      Message #2930 of 2930

      From: "Daniel Coe"
      Date: Thursday, June 8, 2006, 8:42 a.m.

      Subject: Fifty Questions

      Dear list,

      What would be the top 50 questions you would
      ask to determine as to whether a congregation
      is sound?

      I would like to compile this list, please post
      one but please do not duplicate a question
      already posed.

      A question I would pose is:

      > Do you or the elders of your
      > congregation believe in the direct
      > operation of the Holy Spirit?

      Thanks for you help,

      God Bless,
      Daniel Coe

      ###################################

      My further comments:

      I suppose there may be issues as to how many right answers are
      necessary to qualify as "sound" or if it is going to be the case
      that if you miss one you are simply out of the loop.

      Also, one has to wonder how it is going to work if members of the
      congregation are split on the answer to some of the questions. Is
      the majority rule going to apply in determining how the answer is
      arrived at for purposes of Daniel's quiz?

      Is it going to be the case that the membership answers don't really
      matter; that it is going to be the preacher's and elders' answers
      that determine the quiz answer for purposes of the "soundness"
      determination?

      Other issues will, undoubtably arise as Daniel Coe develops his
      standard for "soundness". It could be an interesting historical
      development.