Re: Geology and origins!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20 11:59 AM
      Steve wrote to the godmanuniverse list which, for some reason, sent me an invitation to join:

      > What does the science of
      > geology teach us about
      > the nature of our universe,
      > the nature of our planet,
      > and their ages?

      So, I joined and am posting this note there and to my own list which is home to the "Goliath of GRAS" which, to date, is undefeated and for which we are still waiting for an appropriate "David" to show up for a somewhat formal, written, for the record discussion of the disputed evidence of age issue (Todd S. Greene affirming that the evidence shows some things really are substantially more than a few thousand yeasr old)

      My own list is found at:

      It has been kind of slow lately, but the archives contain an interesting history of discussions on a variety of issues.

      Now, as to Steve's question, I offer for consideration to the godmanuniverse list, my "Goliath of GRAS", answering in part, that geology shows that some things really are substantially older than a few thousand years:

      ######################

      "Goliath of GRAS"

      Major premise:

      If God's word (the text) says everything began over a period of six days, is interpreted by some to mean it was six 24-hour days occurring a few thousand years ago, and there is empirical evidence that things are actually much older than a few thousand years, then the interpretation
      of the text by some is wrong.

      Minor premise:

      God's word (the text) says everything began over a period of six days,
      is interpreted by some to mean it was six 24-hour days occurring a few thousand years ago, and there is empirical evidence that things are actually much older than a few thousand years.

      Conclusion:

      The interpretation of the text by some is wrong.

      My further comments:

      Not knowing, at this time, what the propsects are regarding the godmanuniverse members' perspectives on such things, I would note that my "Goliath" has been rather thoroughly vetted on my list and elsewhere in cyberspace.

      My "Goliath" is undefeated after many battles, though some have falsely claimed to have defeated it for various reasons.

      So, to the members of the godmanuniverse list, please consider my "Goliath" and maybe we'll have somewhat to discuss.

      The godmanuniverse members are also welcome to come around my list and discuss the matter, or crosspost as I am with this message.

      You don't have to join to post to my list, just send you mail to the address indicated above which is:

      > Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      Of course, anyone can join my list and you are invited to do so, as I was invited to join the godmanuniverse list. Membership does have its privileges.