Open invitation to Tim Smith!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2006
      Dear Tim Smith,

      Your latest message to me follows my name below.

      This is now the third time, if my memory serves me correctly, that you have written to me privately about these important public issues that you raised in a public forum.

      If you wish to seriously address these matters, I would request that you address your messages to my own list at:

      > Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      You should specifically address your allegations regarding the nature of Apologetics Press, Inc. wherein you claimed that Apologetics Press, Inc. is a private, for profit business operated by Bert Thompson.

      I gave you at least 3 on-line, easily checked references indicating your claims were incorrect.

      You, Tim Smith, have failed to support your claims or admit to any error.

      I would like to have you resolve that matter. However, if you choose to simply shut up about it, that's fine; we'll consider the record as it stands.

      I would also note here that you are continuing your false and misleading charge regarding your allegations about what you call my agreement. Personally, I would also like to have you publicly deal with that matter which you seem determined to make false allegations regarding.

      Tim, I am certainly not harassing, defaming or demeaning you. You are the one writing to me and continuing your false and misleading claims while refusing to deal with your own problems regarding those rather simple matters referenced above.

      Tim, the issues regarding your allegations are subject to rather easy resolution.

      The invitation is open for you to deal with your public allegations in a public and honorable way.

      Just join the discussion by sending any future replies to:

      > Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      If you are half the man Bobby Cohoon made you out to be, we should be able to resolve these rather simple matters quickly.

      If you are not, well......

      #######################

      From: Tim Smith
      Subject: Cease and Desist

      Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:28:14 -0700

      Mr Baty,

      I have never threatened you nor harassed you nor met you nor had
      any desire to do any of those things. I merely pointed out to you
      that, as you broke your agreement with me to end a discussion only you
      wanted in the first place so you broke your agreement with Yahoo! in
      the terms of service.

      You were banned on the group where you started this for reasons
      other than your attacks on me. I had nothing to do with that,
      although I think it was an exceedingly wise move.

      I ask you again -- cease and desist harassing me. I have no
      desire to discuss with a false teacher some point which, even if
      resolved amicably, would still not save his soul. What you are doing
      is, by any standard, wrong.

      I am aware of your former antics and have no desire to fuss with
      you forever. I have never appealed to you for pity or anything else,
      I just want you to stop harassing me. If it was pointed out to you
      that I am ill, you got that from the list you were banned from after
      you were banned. I just have no use for a conversation with a man who
      only defames, ridicules and harasses. Please stop it.

      Tim Smith

      ####################
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
        I can only imagine the strain (quite avoidable) that Tim Smith must
        be experiencing as he realizes the hypocritical double-standard that
        he and his have demonstrated in these matters. Openness and honesty
        in dealing with these most simple matters would certainly do him
        some good and help and, for the record, to resolve some matters of
        public interest that he, himself, has indicated is important.

        This observation comes in light of recent experience with Tim and
        his fellows and in review of Tim Smith's earlier post to the
        ContendingFTF list as excerpted below:

        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

        ContendingFTF · Contending For The Faith
        Message 471 of 1827

        From: "Tim Smith"
        Date: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:32 am

        Subject: Re: Not Dishonest Cowards

        (excerpts)

        The practice of holding a doctrine for which one
        has no proof, having that exposed as such, and then
        rejecting proof to the contrary is cowardly and
        dishonest and etc.

        It is either dishonest or cowardly for anyone --
        me, you, Andy or Paul or anyone else -- to hold
        a doctrine, engage in an argument to
        support/justify our doctrine, and then, when we are
        unable to prove our point or answer our opponents, we
        bow out of the discussion while holding fast to our
        now unproven/disproven position.

        Just some thoughts...

        Tim Smith

        ######################################
        ######################################

        My further comments:

        Tim Smith has gone to a lot of trouble to come up with
        his "doctrine" that Apologetics Press, Inc. is/was a profit, for
        profit business operated by Bert Thompson and that I had somehow
        backed out of an agreement I had with him (Tim Smith).

        Tim Smith has yet to provide any support for his "doctrine"
        regarding Apologetics Press, Inc., though he has been given many
        opportunties and has been repeatedly requested to do so.

        Tim Smith has been provided at least three easily checked on-line
        references contradicting his claim (i.e., Apologetics Press itself,
        Guidestar, and the IRS).

        Similarly, Tim has been provided with the actual historical record
        regarding our discussions and his false allegation about me backing
        out of an agreement; yet he persists in representing me as having
        backed out of an agreement.

        According to Tim Smith's own standard, we might now reasonably
        conclude that he is being cowardly and dishonest in his previous and
        now most recent efforts to evade his responsibilities in these
        matters.

        I would that he would remedy his predicament by doing what he knows
        is right.

        He may, and has every right to (though he himself knows such
        exercise of such a right may be the wrong thing to do), simply
        ignore his responsibilities.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
          I think it is not just Tim, condemning himself, who condemns him,
          but that Leon D. Schrei, one of the forces behind the ContendingFTF
          list, who also condemns Tim for his recent antics on even the most
          simple of "doctrines".

          Here ye Leon:

          ######################################

          ContendingFTF · Contending For The Faith
          Message 465 of 1827

          From: "Leon D. Schrei"
          Date: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:50 pm
          Subject: Re: [ContendingFTF] Not Dishonest Cowards

          (excerpts)

          The problem is that you are wrong, and those who think similarly.

          The cowardice and dishonesty is in your either not seeing the Truth
          or simply refusing the Truth.

          Brother, the Truth is staring you right in the face yet you don't
          see it.

          This is not a "Rodney King" society.

          Put up, prove your case, or repent and abandon your false doctrine.

          You don't like my choice of words?

          Fine, how do you describe some one who has had more than a week's
          instruction and discussion, yet refuses the Truth?

          Brother, his isn't rocket science, nor so complicated to comprehend.

          What is so hard in understanding that...

          We have set out the...

          We have dealt with the...

          We have addressed the...

          We have proved to any rational, HONEST person the...

          We have proved from...that...

          We have shown the...

          We have shown the...

          We have shown the...in your position.

          Brother, what more must we do to prove our case?

          Must we perform miracles, raise the dead, turn the Nile to blood?

          Would you repent even then?

          Jesus didn't go into the Temple and say "please."

          With whip in hand he over turned the tables and chased out the money
          changers (John 2:15-16).

          Andy, you must believe me when I say I have not the slightest ill
          feeling toward you at all.

          I applaud your courage to re-enter when you perceived an asault.

          I say to you now, If you have somewhat to add - SAY ON!

          But you can expect the same degree of interogation that you've
          already received.

          PROVE YOUR CASE!

          We say it cannot be done!

          The only door for you and similarly minded folks...

          Leon D. Schrei

          My further comments:

          I don't know that Andy ever did what Leon invited him to do (and I
          express no opinion on the issue they were fussing about).

          However, in application of the rules indicated therein by Leon, the
          invitation remains open for Tim Smith to do what Leon D. Schrei has
          suggested regarding Tim Smith's problem with his "doctrine"
          regarding Apologetics Press, Inc. and his "doctrine" regarding what
          he thinks is an agreement I broke with him.