Re: Calling Bobby Cohoon!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 3:28 PM
      Bobby Cohoon,

      You now write to the coCBanned list, in relevant part:

      > I have a better idea:

      >> You seem to want all
      >> these answers, why not
      >> challenge brother Smith
      >> on the contending list for
      >> those answers?

      Bobby, I guess you just weren't paying attention and still have your own secrets to keep regarding these matters.

      The record of my "challenge" to Tim Smith on the ContendingFTF list is in the record.

      He and his had no interest in actually answering these most simple of questions regarding these important public issues.

      Bobby, you didn't say, did you or didn't you get any response to your effort with Tim Smith and that list?

      Are you going to keep your actual communications with that them secret?

      I just want the record to be clear as to how your own efforts and moral influence worked with them, or whether, in fact, you are going to keep your involvement secret.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9 5:14 PM
        Bobby Cohoon,

        You now write, in relevant part, to the coCBanned list:

        > I have not kept my involvment
        > in anything secret.

        > To be honest, I have not read
        > the article you are so distraught
        > over.

        > I know Tim well enough to know
        > that he is a man of integrity who
        > would not knowingly publish error.

        > I also will not make available the
        > transcripts of any private emails
        > (if any in fact exist).

        > What that means brother is that
        > if Tim Smith wrote me right now
        > and told me every source he
        > quoted or used I would not publish
        > them to you or anyone else.

        > I know Tim well enough to know
        > that what he writes he does not
        > misrepresent and it is his knowledge
        > of truth at the time of writing.

        Well, Bobby, it does appear you are keeping your secrets. That's OK, you've admitted enough for us to know your operating strategy to protect your friends from responsibility and accountability.

        I'm not distraught over Tim's and the others' shenanigans on the ContendingFTF list.

        It is also helpful to know of your own willingness to cover for them.

        Tim Smith made some rather serious allegations regarding Apologetics Press, Inc. He said that it was a private, for profit business operated by Bert Thompson. He indicated he had what he considered unquestionable sources for his claim; then refused to disclose the details of his charges.

        It is not a matter of whether or not he knowingly published error; it has to do with meeting his obligations and responsibilities regarding his claim and considering whether or not he needs to change his position.

        If he's right, it would seem to follow that Apologetics Press, Inc. is committing a fraud against the government and the public.

        I gave Tim Smith, et al, 3 on-line easily checked references that claimed that Apologetics Press, Inc. was a "non-profit, tax-exempt" organization that is able to accept tax-deductible contributions from donors.

        Tim Smith gave nothing to support his claim except he had what he considered secret, unquestionable sources.

        Tim Smith's claim that suggests Apologetics Press, Inc. is/was involved in fraud is rather serious.

        Then again, maybe it is as simple a matter as Tim Smith and his secret sources, if they really exist, are wrong and simply need to do the right thing about correcting it.

        Bobby, I'm willing to let you further demonstrate whether or not you have Tim figured out or not, and whether you really have that moral influence you think you do.

        Give it a try, and keep us advised.

        You can pass your test, or you can fail it. So far, you have yet to score a passing grade, but there is still time.