Creationism's one-eyed cat!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2006
      I don't remember seeing this, and it appears to be back in the news. So, here it is:

      ######################

      One-Eyed Kitten Sold To Museum Exploring Creationism

      UPDATED: 8:06 am EDT
      April 7, 2006

      (excerpt from AP)

      SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A one-eyed, noseless kitten that stirred debate last year over whether it was a hoax will be the centerpiece of a new museum intended to promote the theory of creationism.

      John Adolfi plans to feature Cy's remains at The Lost World Museum when it opens later this year.

      Adolfi believes in creationism - a literal reading of the Bible's story of creation.

      Owner Traci Allen, of Redmond, Ore., said she sold Cy's remains to Adolfi because she believes "creationism should be an option for people to consider."

      Neither Adolfi nor Allen would say how much he paid for the remains.

      The 1��-ounce Cy was born Dec. 28 but died a day later. It had one oversized eye in the center of its face, no eyelid and no nose.

      The cat's authenticity was widely debated on the Internet. Veterinarians said it suffered from a rare disorder called holoprosencephaly.