Re: Tim Smith on Apologetics Press!

    Message 1 of 59 , Mar 18, 2006
      ContendingFTF �� Contending For The Faith
      Message 1118 of 1236

      From: "Robert Baty"
      Date: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:57 am

      Subject: Re: Apologetics Press Incorporated!

      Tim,

      Maybe because of your prejudice against me, you are failing to actually consider the evidence.

      You can check the Apologetics Press website on line and Guidestar in support of my position.

      What have you got?

      > Someone else told me (Tim),
      > and I am more likely to be
      > deceived because I like them
      > better?

      I haven't noticed anyone coming to your defense. I don't think your position can be defended.

      If so, I would like some evidence; not that someone else, somewhere else, told me something or another and I think I said what I was told about it.

      You now write:

      > I merely mentioned what has
      > long been stated about AP,
      > did my own research and have
      > more confidence in it than in
      > what you are saying as I have
      > more confidence in the ones
      > saying it than I have in you.

      Of course, I don't think you've given a single reference on-line that can be checked to see what you are talking about.

      You added:

      > You are not known to me
      > to be sound. Why should I
      > believe you over them?

      > They have been here
      > participating in this discussion
      > for a long time, you have not.

      Personally, I think you are going to find out why you should believe me. Try it, you just might like it.

      You also wrote:

      > I would correct one more part
      > of your assertions: I merely stated
      > what has been often been stated
      > and what I believe, having looked
      > at the matter for a long time, to
      > be the truth. I did not introduce a
      > new charge against AP.

      You don't make a case for correcting anything I had to say about it. As previously noted, I quoted from one of your own posts to this list and called your claim about Apolo getics Press into question.

      Hey, it is not my problem that you may have picked up your error from someone else. Point them out; maybe they have something to get straight as well.

      Alas, you wrote:

      > Now, will you please drop this
      > discussion? Let us part with
      > each asserting what he believes
      > to be the truth.

      I wish you hadn't said that. It sounds like you are going to run away from your responsibilities to try and set the record straight regarding whether or not Apologetics Press Incorporated, as referenced in these discussions, is a private, for profit business owned by Bert Thompson or, as I allege (with references given), it is/was a "tax-exempt, non-profit" corporation.

      I'm pretty sure there are folks on this list that can help resolve this matter; maybe someone you trust more than I.

      Anybody out there? Can you help us out here?

      I'll gladly follow the facts, but Tim's hearsay really isn't helping.

      #######################
      #######################
      Message 59 of 59 , Mar 18, 2006
        ContendingFTF �� Contending For The Faith
        Message 1119 of 1236

        From: "Tim Smith"
        Date: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:07 pm

        Subject: Re: [ContendingFTF] Apologetics Press Incorporated!

        I have written all I care to write to you. I say that in all kindness.

        I will not accept your word for anything nor do I care to discuss it further with you.

        Tim Smith

        (attachments removed-RLBaty)