Re: The ContendingFTF shyster known as David Brown, et al!

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 17 6:42 PM
      To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
      From: Robert Baty

      Subject: [ContendingFTF] Re: Baty's affirmative

      Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:41:56 -0800

      David Brown, you wrote, in part:

      > ...your syllogism must read
      > as follows:

      > snip, snip

      David,

      If you don't want to formally, in writing, for the record, discuss the evidence of age issue as reflected in the "Goliath of GRAS", that's fine with me; just say so.

      Otherwise, you are welcome to formulate your own versions of (unless you take Dr. Fox's position) the real world falsification test of the real world claim fundamental to the "young-earth, creation-science" movement.

      Your effort doesn't come close to measuring up to my "Goliath of GRAS".

      You also wrote:

      > All you have to do is to supply
      > the adequate evidence that the
      > earth is older than a few thousand
      > years.

      Well, I guess that is one way to put the issue in dispute as far as the "Goliath of GRAS" is concerned.

      Now, where is that wannabe "David" that wants to formally, in writing, for the record, take up the evidence of age issue?

      David Brown?

      I don't think so, but surprise me if I be mistaken.

      The details can be worked out with the affirmative, not with me, should a suitable "David" candidate actually wish to engage in the proposed formal, in writing, for the record discussion.

      #########################
      #########################

      My further comments:

      As it finally turned out, I guess David P. Brown was really stung by the realization that he is no "David"; not even close.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 17 6:53 PM
        Following again, for the record, is the culminating and empirical evidence of the unseemly character and behavior of David P. Brown and others of the ContendingFTF list:

        ##########################
        ##########################

        To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
        From: Leon D. Schrei

        Subject: Fw: [ContendingFTF] Re: Baty's affirmative

        Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:32:26 -0800

        TO CONTENDNGFTF

        FROM LEON D. SCHREI ON BEHALF OF: DAVID P. BROWN

        Mr. Baty,

        You are the person who answered "True" to the proposition.

        Your answer means or should mean that you think youhave the adequate evidence to prove your case.

        If you do not, why did you answer "True" to the propostion--

        > "Some empirical evidence proves
        > that the earth is older than a few
        > thousand years"?

        Your so-called "Goliath of GRAS" demands that you supply the same adequate evidence to prove your case as is set out in your"Goliath of GRAS" as it takes to prove what I sent you.

        Indeed, what I sent you far better states your case than your "Goliath of GRAS."

        Obviously, you do not have any intention of responding with adequate evidence argued properly to prove your case.

        If you really wanted to debate properly, your response would have been different.

        And, your "snip, snip" means that I now bid you farewell to ContendingFTF.

        David P. Brown

        PS. Mr. Baty has been removed
        from ContendingFTF.

        LDS (Leon D. Schrei)

        ########################
        ########################

        My further comments:

        The shots don't get much cheaper than that! I should not have expected more than what I had inferred from the David's post wherein he posed his question.

        At least we have learned that David P. Brown is without character enough to allow for an open, honest discussion and that others on that list are similarly possessed as is evidenced by just how far ahead of them all I was running in dealing with the issues, sticking with the issues, trying to insure some responsible posting on the issues and resolve the simplest of matters.

        I am inclined to characterize David P. Brown's post above as reflecting his lying and misrepresentation as well as hypocrisy and dishonesty.

        For a public figure as David P. Brown, it really is quite a disappointment. We might have made more substantial progress on those issues which I had addressed (that, I think, is what they really didn't want; progress), but they would not.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17 7:02 PM
          Here again, for the record, is what I sent in to the ContendingFTF list (but which was not posted because of my removal from the list) in response to David P. Brown's demonstration that he and his list members didn't possess the character to honestly engage a discussion on an important public issue:

          To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
          From: Robert Baty
          Date: March 17, 2006

          Subject: Re: Baty's affirmative

          The following (after my name below) cheap shot is further empirical evidence that even the "big names" like David Brown cannot read with understanding or engage in an honorable discussion.

          Shame, shame!

          Of course, it is just another chapter in a long book that shows the fundamental problems with those who would promote and defend the "young-earth, creation-science" hobby and the shenanigans used to protect and defend it.