Re The ContendingFTF shyster known as David Brown, et al!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2006
      To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
      From: David P Brown

      Subject: Re: [ContendingFTF] Re: Baty's affirmative

      Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:24:45 -0800

      Mr. Baty,

      No, it is no game.

      Since you answered "True" to the following precisely stated proposition ("Some empirical evidence provesthat the earth is older than a few thousand years."), then your syllogism must read as follows:

      Major Premise:Some empirical evidence provesthat the earth is older than a few thousand years.

      Minor Premise: (Whatever you [Baty] think is adequate evidence)is some of the empirical evidence that provesthe earth is older than a few thousand years.

      Conclusion:Therefore, ________________ proves thatthe earth is older than a few thousand years.

      All you have to do is to supply the adequate evidence that the earth is older than a few thousand years.

      Thank You,
      David P. Brown

      P. S.

      I'll be leaving my cpu.for quite a while. I look forward to reading your response when I return.--DPB

      My further comments:

      In hindsight, it becomes clearer that what I had inferred and hoped was not the case was, indeed, the case for the sinister David P. Brown and his fellows on the ContendingFTF list.