Re: The ContendingFTF shyster known as David Brown, et al!

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
      To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
      From: rlbaty50

      Subject: [ContendingFTF] Re: old/young earth

      Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:37:51 -0800

      David,

      You may go to:

      There is the invitation that I previously gave here and containing the argument that logically sets forth the real world falsification test for the fundamental real world claim of the "young-earth,
      creation-science" movement.

      If you, or anyone else, wants to actually, formally, in writing, for the record, engage the discussion on the evidence of age aspect of the argument, the affirmative has already been signed up and, as far as I know, is still available.

      Details can be worked out should a wannabe "David" formally sign the
      proposition for discussion involving the evidence of age issue.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
        To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
        From: David P Brown

        Subject: [ContendingFTF] Baty's affirmative

        Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:40:18 -0800

        Mr. Baty,

        Having read your "syllogism," please answer the following True/False question.

        T F Some empirical evidence proves that the earth is older than a few thousand years.

        Thank You,
        David P. Brown

        #######################
        #######################

        My comments here regarding the above post:

        From the above, astute observers familiar with the antics of David Brown and others of the ContendingFTF list might infer the sinister motives of David Brown.

        I did, but I was hoping he would do better than it turns out he did.

        Other related posts to follow to show the execution of David Brown's, et al, plans to exhibit that hypocritical double standard and shut me up as far as the ContendingFTF list is concerned.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
          To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
          From: rlbaty50

          Subject: [ContendingFTF] Re: Baty's affirmative

          Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:47:25 -0800

          --- In ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com, "David P Brown" <jbrow@...> wrote:

          > Having read your "syllogism,"
          > please answer the following
          > True/False question.
          >
          > T F Some empirical evidence
          > proves that the earth is older
          > than a few thousand years.

          This is a game, right?

          I'll play along on this one.

          I think the correct answer is:

          > True!

          #######################
          #######################

          My further comments:

          Little did I know just what kind of sinister game that David Brown and his kind had in mind!

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
            To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
            From: Robert Baty

            Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:41:56 -0800

            David Brown, you wrote, in part:

            > ...your syllogism must read
            > as follows:

            > snip, snip

            David,

            If you don't want to formally, in writing, for the record, discuss the evidence of age issue as reflected in the "Goliath of GRAS", that's fine with me; just say so.

            Otherwise, you are welcome to formulate your own versions of (unless you take Dr. Fox's position) the real world falsification test of the real world claim fundamental to the "young-earth, creation-science" movement.

            Your effort doesn't come close to measuring up to my "Goliath of GRAS".

            You also wrote:

            > All you have to do is to supply
            > the adequate evidence that the
            > earth is older than a few thousand
            > years.

            Well, I guess that is one way to put the issue in dispute as far as the "Goliath of GRAS" is concerned.

            Now, where is that wannabe "David" that wants to formally, in writing, for the record, take up the evidence of age issue?

            David Brown?

            I don't think so, but surprise me if I be mistaken.

            The details can be worked out with the affirmative, not with me, should a suitable "David" candidate actually wish to engage in the proposed formal, in writing, for the record discussion.

            #########################
            #########################

            My further comments:

            As it finally turned out, I guess David P. Brown was really stung by the realization that he is no "David"; not even close.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
              Following again, for the record, is the culminating and empirical evidence of the unseemly character and behavior of David P. Brown and others of the ContendingFTF list:

              ##########################
              ##########################

              To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
              From: Leon D. Schrei

              Subject: Fw: [ContendingFTF] Re: Baty's affirmative

              Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:32:26 -0800

              TO CONTENDNGFTF

              FROM LEON D. SCHREI ON BEHALF OF: DAVID P. BROWN

              Mr. Baty,

              You are the person who answered "True" to the proposition.

              Your answer means or should mean that you think youhave the adequate evidence to prove your case.

              If you do not, why did you answer "True" to the propostion--

              > "Some empirical evidence proves
              > that the earth is older than a few
              > thousand years"?

              Your so-called "Goliath of GRAS" demands that you supply the same adequate evidence to prove your case as is set out in your"Goliath of GRAS" as it takes to prove what I sent you.

              Indeed, what I sent you far better states your case than your "Goliath of GRAS."

              Obviously, you do not have any intention of responding with adequate evidence argued properly to prove your case.

              If you really wanted to debate properly, your response would have been different.

              And, your "snip, snip" means that I now bid you farewell to ContendingFTF.

              David P. Brown

              PS. Mr. Baty has been removed
              from ContendingFTF.

              LDS (Leon D. Schrei)

              ########################
              ########################

              My further comments:

              The shots don't get much cheaper than that! I should not have expected more than what I had inferred from the David's post wherein he posed his question.

              At least we have learned that David P. Brown is without character enough to allow for an open, honest discussion and that others on that list are similarly possessed as is evidenced by just how far ahead of them all I was running in dealing with the issues, sticking with the issues, trying to insure some responsible posting on the issues and resolve the simplest of matters.

              I am inclined to characterize David P. Brown's post above as reflecting his lying and misrepresentation as well as hypocrisy and dishonesty.

              For a public figure as David P. Brown, it really is quite a disappointment. We might have made more substantial progress on those issues which I had addressed (that, I think, is what they really didn't want; progress), but they would not.

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
                Here again, for the record, is what I sent in to the ContendingFTF list (but which was not posted because of my removal from the list) in response to David P. Brown's demonstration that he and his list members didn't possess the character to honestly engage a discussion on an important public issue:

                To: ContendingFTF@yahoogroups.com
                From: Robert Baty
                Date: March 17, 2006

                Subject: Re: Baty's affirmative

                The following (after my name below) cheap shot is further empirical evidence that even the "big names" like David Brown cannot read with understanding or engage in an honorable discussion.

                Shame, shame!

                Of course, it is just another chapter in a long book that shows the fundamental problems with those who would promote and defend the "young-earth, creation-science" hobby and the shenanigans used to protect and defend it.