Re: Buff Scott, Jr. / GCM / Almost!

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
      Page: 2

      ----------------------------------

      From: marc

      Re: The alleged reformer comes to the GCM!

      �� Reply #15 on:
      Today at 07:24:38 AM ��

      You know, I tend to agree with what Baty quoted above, and I am familiar with the arguments from years ago (involving Henry Morris, I think), and believe that Mt. St. Helens and the canyon are not comparable. My problem here isn't with the facts of Baty's post, and with the whole idea that he started a thread specifically to attack a post made by a person who is now posting here several years ago on a different website. This isn't discussion; this is a vendetta.

      My problem is that the Apologetics board has become an attack forum. I used to post here quite a bit when the threads involved real discussions instead of insult-trading. But since Baty and Greene have appeared, this particular section of the board has become a swamp.

      I would love to see the Apologetics board restored to an area where Christian discussion is possible.

      -------------------------------------

      From: Robert Baty

      Re: The alleged reformer comes to the GCM!

      �� Reply #16 on:
      Today at 07:46:18 AM ��

      (Quote from: marc on
      Today at 07:24:38 AM)

      I tend to agree with what Baty quoted above...and believe that Mt. St. Helens and the canyon are not comparable...

      I would love to see the Apologetics board...

      (End Quote)

      At least marc got one of his "opinions" right.

      This is progress. Progress involves change. Change can be controversial and contentious. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

      Now it's Buff's turn!

      And if I understand this technology, I'm not keeping the Apologetics forum participants from engaging in a discussion of other apologetics interests according to their own interests, time and talent. I figure the tent here is big enough; especially considering what passes for discussion elsewhere on the board that doesn't have anything to do with Todd or me.

      ----------------------------------

      From: Robert Baty

      Re: The alleged reformer comes to the GCM!

      �� Reply #17 on:
      Today at 07:51:40 AM ��

      (Quote from: normfromga on
      Yesterday at 11:19:49 PM)

      Thanks for the link, Robert.

      I found it very informative...

      (End Quote)

      You are welcome.

      ------------------------------------

      From: Old Dad
      Global Moderator

      Re: The alleged reformer comes to the GCM!

      �� Reply #18 on:
      Today at 02:52:26 PM ��

      I'm locking this topic until Lee Wilson can take a look at it.

      These forums are not the place to dust off old disagreements. Robert has made his charge, Buff has answered, and that should be the end of the matter.

      If it isn't, then conduct the discussion privately, and NOT on these forums.

      OD

      ----------------------------------

      From: Wiley Clarkson
      Global Moderator

      Re: The alleged reformer comes to the GCM!

      �� Reply #19 on:
      Today at 03:25:44 PM ��

      Robert:

      THIS IS A VERY BLUNT WARNING

      I have read through this ENTIRE topic. I have been making a point of not even reading alot of these old earth/young earth discussions because of my own personal feelings and views from 20 years of reading the back and forths between old-age science and and young age science when there is not enough evidence yet on either side to make a deifnite statement about either view. All views, whether long or short age based, are still unproved theory supported with evidence that can be interpreted several ways.

      I have received a complaint about what you are doing on with this topic in regards to Buff. It doesn't matter if you think Buff is wrong or not, you are not the person to be saying anything like you have said at the start of this topic about this subject, especially in regards to Buff or his web site, in this public forum. If you think you have a gripe with Buff and his views on his web site, GET
      A LAWYER AND FILE A CIVIL ACTION, but do not AIR HTEM HERE! If there is a problem with what Buff has on his web site, it is the responsibility of the man who made the quoted statement or National Geographic to take action.

      If you want to remain a member of this forum, you will cease all such or similar attacks on any member of this forum and you will limit your discussion to non-personal material presented in a discussion format that does attack other Christians. If you do not, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED FROM GCMF!

      As far as this matter goes, there is no more discussion on it following this post, whether public or private. There is no defense to what I read at the beginning of this thread. It is a blatant and public attack on a brother in Chirst and it violates the basic rules of this forum which you agreed to when you signed on here. Buff was a member here along time before you were and he is entitled to his opinions just as you are entitled to yours. However, those opinions don't include the right of personal attacks.

      This is the only warning I will give you on this.

      this topic is locked