Re: Gil Yoder/Spring/Dyersburg/AP Controversy?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8 3:05 PM
      Could you tell that the "send" button was accidentally hit prematurely with that previous post I just sent by mistake (it had not been completed)?

      I'll try again.

      Following is a link & excerpts that provide some additional information regarding that secret "open forum" discussion at the Spring church lectureship.

      It looks like my opining that Gil's "AP" reference had something to do with Apologetics Press was correct.

      Looks like the "TGL" that was also referenced is The Gospel Journal.

      #####################
      http://www.churchesofchrist.com/truth_internet_radio.htm

      Tuesday, February 28th, 2006

      All day open forum.

      Subjects:

      Apologetics Press, Dave Miller...

      The Gospel Journal Board's involvement in the departure of Dub McClish as editor and David B. Watson as associate editor from TGJ, along with related topics.

      The spring elders, Kenneth D. Cohn and Buddy Roth, will moderate the forum.

      The speakers in the forum will be composed of those who accept the spring elders' written invitation.

      That invitation was mailed to them by certified mail with return receipt.

      Also questions for the forum will be accepted through the internet by email at the following address:

      cftfdpb@...

      My further comments:

      Maybe Keith Sisman, or some other informed fellow, will make an appearance and further inform us of what all the hub-bub is about now.

      We know a little about Dave Miller and Apologetics Press and Dub McClish (boy, was/is some of Dub's older controversy splashed about the Internet; and that very much by his own hand).

      Anybody talking about what was going on behind those closed "open forum" doors in Spring, TX?

      [ Home ]

      If you would like a free Bible correspondence course, please email us at questions@... with your name and the address where you want the course mailed to you through the United States Postal Service.
      Send mail to questions@... with questions, comments or information requests.
      Last modified: February 27, 2006 Copyright ? 2005 Bible Resource Publications