A double standard at the "Grace Centered" forum

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2006
      Here's a beatiful example of the double standard that happens so often
      with creationist moderators:

      House Cats Are 11 Million Years Old
      http://www.gracecentered.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?
      act=ST;f=29;t=11667

      It's perfectly okay for creationists to spout all kinds of nonsense and
      false denigrating (and substanceless) rhetoric, but should anyone dare
      to criticize this rhetoric for what it is, the "moderator" won't allow
      any such criticism.

      — Todd Greene
    • Robert H. Brandon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2006
        That's pretty much the MO at GCM and not just in "Apologetics and
        Faith." "Politics," too.

        I appreciate your courage in upholding the truth in science, but GCM
        is not much more than "Campbellite Free Republic" these days.
        Relatively small group of the same ignorant - and militantly arrogant
        - posters. If I didn't think I knew better, I'd almost think they're
        Dominationalists.

        I'm still banned there but can read posts if I don't attempt to log
        in. I go there for the light entertainment.

        - Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2006
          Todd, Brandon:

          Brandon, you wrote, in part, in response to Todd:

          > That's (double standard) pretty
          > much the MO at GCM and not
          > just in "Apologetics and Faith."
          > "Politics," too.

          I don't know how many noticed, but I recently posted to the "Church of Christ, Christian Church" thread that showed up in the Apologetics forum on the Grace Centered message board.

          I noted what Ed Harrell (one of the best known scholarly types amongst the NI folk) had to say about the 70-549 issue (i.e., interestingly enough, it had reference to a certain double standard aspect of things and the growing political clout amongst the churches of Christ folk).

          Anyway, CDHealy "trolled" in and popped off (I think his pop-off may even still be there with a comment from one of his like-minded fellows).

          What happened to my post?

          That's right! It was quickly deleted.

          I guess that pretty much verifies for me what was opined quite early in the discussiosn over there; it isn't really the open, honest place for discussing controversial issues of public importance.

          P.S. I guess, for the record, I need to put Ed Harrell's comments in the record here.

          ######################
        • Robert H. Brandon
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2006
            Yep; happened to me all the time until I was banned. "Dr." Barry Davis
            is the forum moderator (the "Dr." is from a now defunct, unaccredited
            bible college) who has also amassed his professional credentials from
            one of these degree mills giving credit for "life experience."

            It's pretty much Cambellite Free Republic over there now, and it's
            probably a lot that way because of my own attempt at persistence. I
            admire your tenacity, but wonder how you can still find it worth your
            while. Or wiles.

            - Bob

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2006
              Brandon, you wrote, in part:

              > I admire your tenacity, but
              > wonder how you can still find
              > it worth your while. Or wiles.

              I don't any longer!

              Zapping that whole thread "Seeking 'David'" and then the latest zapping of my post pretty much did it for me.

              Though, as you've indicated, it can be a nice place to visit once in awhile.

              I notice Todd was engaging them on the "cat" thread. When pressed, they simply shut down the thread because of Todd's efforts to engage the discussion.

              Best I can tell, though, Todd's posts are still there. I think he's getting special treatment; maybe because he's the atheist that isn't even supposed to be there.

              Yep; happened to me all the time until I was banned. "Dr." Barry Davis
              is the forum moderator (the "Dr." is from a now defunct, unaccredited
              bible college) who has also amassed his professional credentials from
              one of these degree mills giving credit for "life experience."

              It's pretty much Cambellite Free Republic over there now, and it's
              probably a lot that way because of my own attempt at persistence. I
              admire your tenacity, but wonder how you can still find it worth your
              while. Or wiles.

              - Bob

              --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Baty" <rlbaty@w...> wrote:

              > Todd, Brandon:
              >
              > Brandon, you wrote, in part, in response to Todd:
              >
              > > That's (double standard) pretty
              > > much the MO at GCM and not
              > > just in "Apologetics and Faith."
              > > "Politics," too.
              >
              > I don't know how many noticed, but I recently posted to the "Church
              of Christ, Christian Church" thread that showed up in the Apologetics
              forum on the Grace Centered message board.

              > I noted what Ed Harrell (one of the best known scholarly types
              amongst the NI folk) had to say about the 70-549 issue (i.e.,
              interestingly enough, it had reference to a certain double standard
              aspect of things and the growing political clout amongst the churches
              of Christ folk).

              > Anyway, CDHealy "trolled" in and popped off (I think his pop-off may
              even still be there with a comment from one of his like-minded fellows).

              > What happened to my post?
              >
              > That's right! It was quickly deleted.
              >
              > I guess that pretty much verifies for me what was opined quite early
              in the discussiosn over there; it isn't really the open, honest place
              for discussing controversial issues of public importance.

              > Sincerely,
              > Robert Baty
              >
              > P.S. I guess, for the record, I need to put Ed Harrell's comments
              in the record here.

              Yahoo! Groups Links