Don't forget the 1981 creationism trial!

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2005
      McLean v. Arkansas Documentation Project
      http://www.antievolution.org/projects/mclean/new_site/index.htm

      | In 1981, a remarkable court case in Arkansas pitted creationists
      | against pastors, priests, teachers, and scientists. "McLean et
      | al. vs. Arkansas" sought relief from Arkansas' Act 590, which
      | mandated that evolutionary biology instruction be balanced
      | with "creation science". Unlike the 1925 Scopes trial in
      | Tennessee, the Arkansas court heard testimony from a large
      | number of witnesses on both sides of the case. Judge Overton
      | ruled in favor of the plaintiffs, and Act 590 was deemed
      | unconstitutional.

      McLean v. Arkansas Board of Education
      Decision by U.S. District Court Judge William R. Overton
      http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/mclean-v-arkansas.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2005
        Todd, you wrote, in part:

        > McLean v. Arkansas
        > Documentation Project

        The links was:

        http://www.antievolution.org/projects/mclean/new_site/index.htm

        If I recall correctly, certain factual matters regarding that trial were
        in dispute between Bert Thompson, Ph.D. (founder and former executive
        director of Apologetics Press - http://www.apologeticspress.org).

        Those matters, I believe, are mentioned in the exchange of letters
        between Bert and myself that are reproducted on your website, Todd.

        Memories!