On taxes, Thompson, copyrights & secret letters - invitation!

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2005
      This is my invitation to the folks on the "Reflections" website and blog
      to come into
      the light and have an open, honest discussion of those things about me
      which seem to really be an irritation for some. Here's the website:

      http://www.blogger.com/publish-comment.do?blogID=13490230&postID=112515517418149476&r=ok

      I was in the process of helping those folks come to a better
      understanding of copyright rules and maybe discuss the related issue
      regarding the "integral agency" status of Oklahoma Christian University
      which was an institution they were talking about in the context of the
      copyright issue involving someone copying and distributing lecture
      material and/or lectures.

      Out of the blue came the following post from an anonymous poster
      apparently still disappointed in some of his heroes:

      ########################
      ########################

      Message 66

      anonymous said...

      Robert,I have discovered your modus operandi. Nothing anyone can say on
      this blog will convince you just as the other discussions you have been
      part of.

      I am glad I did not use my name or maybe you would treat me as you have
      so many others.

      Do you have something against ministers? Are you angry about the tax
      breaks they get?

      Apparently when someone corrects their position (as Bert Thompson did)
      agenda in that matter (as you have done here).

      After reading the letter from the church in McCloud and the explanation
      of your removal from Mars-List as well as other things it is very clear
      that a discussion with you is not worth my time, and I will follow the
      advice of the elders in the McCloud church to "reject a divisive man
      after the first and second admonition".

      September 18, 2005 2:07 AM

      #########################
      #########################

      I responded with the following quick note:

      #########################
      #########################

      Message 67

      anonymous said...

      Talk about cheap shots! Anonymous gets the prize for that.

      The reason for remaining anonymous is not as he suggests!

      He writes, in part, that "nothing on this blog will convince me".

      Convince me of what?

      If I am right, why should I bow to others errors just to fit in?

      Too many rabbits to chase in his post. He's got some cleaning up to do
      in posting that note, but I doubt he's got enough character to even
      begin to be about meeting his own responsibilities; an unseemly
      advantage that anonymous cheap shot takers enjoy!

      Feel free to come around my place if you actually want to engage in an
      open, honest discussion of those matters misrepresented by anonymous, or
      other matters of interest.

      Robert Baty

      ##########################
      ##########################

      I'll be sending a link to my list and this post to the blog in order to
      invite any open, honest folk who may want an open, honest discussion on
      the issues raised by anonymous.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2005
        That blog site address is:

        http://www.blogger.com/publish-comment.do?blogID=13490230&postID=112515517418149476&r=ok

        Following is a copy of my note to the blog inviting those interested in
        a more open and honest discussion over here:

        ########################
        ########################

        Message 68

        anonymous said...

        Your invitation to have an open, honest discussion of such things as
        have been raised here (particularly as to the cheap shots by cowardly
        anonymous) can be found at:

        The home page for the list is at:

        Anyone can post there by simply sending your post to:

        Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com .

        You don't have to join to post, and it is a lot more efficient a medium
        than this blog, in my opinion. Membership has its privileges (i.e.,
        polls, files, pictures).

        The files even contain some neat stuff dealing with that "integral
        agency" issue that nobody here apparently wants to openly discuss.

        Oh well, maybe if Professor Chemerinsky brings his suit this fall we'll
        get some significant public discussion on the issues.

        Robert Baty

        We'll see if there are any open, honest sorts interested in the issues
        raised over there willing to come around here to discuss what seems to
        really be bugging them about me and my hobbies.