Another question or Harley Pinon!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Harley,

      I noticed the following comment on your website:

      > http://www.harleypinon.com/

      > The Venus Church of Christ
      > has a website that gives a lot
      > of information about the homes
      > and mission works that we support
      > as well as links to Church of Christ
      > Universities.

      I don't usually see such direct references. Usually, folks use more
      careful languaage such as "affiliated with" in reference to those
      schools (i.e., Pepperdine, Harding, OCUSA, Abilene, etc.).

      So, I'm just wondering how you came to refer to those private schools as
      "Church of Christ Universities".

      I've usually argued, consistent with the legal circumstances and what
      the schoolmen and preachers propose, that such private insitutions are
      not "Church of Christ" institutions.

      We've discussed that somewhat here and there and it is a featured hobby
      on my own discussion list to which a copy of this note is being sent.

      I'm just wondering if you have a specific, well-defined basis for the
      position implied by the language of your website and whether you have
      had occasion to consider the historical controversy regarding just what
      relationship, if any, such private institutions have with the churches
      of Christ.