Re: [M & B] The James D. Bales Project!

  • cassondrawrites@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2005
      Well, I read the webpage but didn't follow its links: a little too extensive
      for my passing interest ;o) One thing did catch my eye, though, and I'm still
      not sure entirely why it doesn't sit quite right with me.

      The opening reads: A Tribute to the Historical Legacy of a True Defender of
      Western Values, Americanism, and New Testament Christianity.

      Now, I'm a great admirer of western values, a student of western history, and
      I consider myself a staunch patriot. But somehow I wouldn't be comfortable
      myself, if someone ever wrote words such as those above about me. I guess I
      would prefer my Christianity to be nearer to Paul's, in that he was able to be
      all things to all men, that he might by all means save some, than to have my
      faith limited by my political and philosphical beliefs.

      Having said that, of course, my faith influences my politics and my
      philosophy, but I hope it doesn't go the other way. Anyway, just an idle thought.

      Cassondra