Cleaning up the mess...

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2005
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "w_w_c_l" <w_w_c_l@y...> wrote:

      > I expect it's going to take a while for all of this to be edited out
      > of the websites of young-earth promoters and churches around the
      > world.

      For example, this, in the PreacherFiles:

      An Important Announcement From Apologetics Press:
      http://www.preachersfiles.com/forum/about1188.html

      As Keith might say, "Whot a mess!"

      Rick
    • Nelta Brock
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 14, 2005
        Wow, sin in the camp and a cover-up. Scripture says to confess your
        sins....not just confess you HAVE sinned.

        Nelta

        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, rlbaty@w... wrote:

        http://sites.silaspartners.com/partner/Article_Display_Page/0,,PTID25485|CHID127205|CIID2042006,00.html

> [...]
        > told of similar experiences with Thompson.
        >
        > The member voiced concerns that church leaders who gathered evidence
        > against Thompson wanted to keep the accusations quiet.
        >
        > He said one minister told him, "He didn't molest Methodists. He didn't
        > molest Baptists. He didn't molest atheists. And we intend to keep it in
        > the church." (The minister who allegedly made that statement declined to
        > comment.)
        >
        > But the member said the accusations needed to be made public to allow
        > more victims to come forward.
        >
        > "We don't know if he just molested church of Christ kids," he said.
        > "This guy was all over the country."
        >
        > In an "Open Letter to the Brotherhood" dated May 25, Thompson wrote,
        > "For some time now, I have been struggling with some personal sins in my
        > life, and as a result it was obvious ... that I no longer was the best
        > choice to lead the work forward for the next quarter of a century."
        >
        > When contacted by the Chronicle about the firing, Thompson referred all
        > questions to Apologetics Press. "That's something between them and me,
        > and it's a very personal matter," he said, and declined to comment
        > further.
        >
        > Rhonda Thompson, his wife of 33 years, said the couple is divorcing.
        > "You can safely say we're devastated," she said.
        >
        > But she said she remains supportive of Apologetics Press, describing its
        > work as "vital to the church, and I beg the brotherhood to continue to
        > support it."
        >
        > GRAND JURY DECLINED TO BRING CHARGES
        >
        > The recently uncovered accusations were not the first. A year and a half
        > ago, no charges were brought after a grand jury in Montgomery County
        > heard accusations of inappropriate sexual contact by Thompson with a
        > 17-year-old boy, Miller said.
        >
        > While that case ended with no legal action, the Eastern Meadows church,
        > Montgomery,
        > withdrew as the overseeing congregation for Apologetics Press. The
        > Thompsons, the Millers and three other families associated with
        > Apologetics Press left that congregation, Miller said.
        >
        > But the Eastern Meadows church continued to contribute "a fairly large
        > sum of money" to Apologetics Press, Miller said.
        >
        > "We had information about the allegations," said Ted Norton, an Eastern
        > Meadows elder.
        >
        > "We were not in a position to know whether they were true or not. We as
        > individuals had our own personal feelings, but we did not have evidence
        > so to speak."
        >
        > To many, Thompson was the face of Apologetics Press - the outspoken
        > creationist who delighted in sparring with those with whom he
        disagreed.

        > The Abilene Christian University alumnus made national news in the
        > mid-1980s when he accused ACU biology professors of teaching evolution
        > and making light of the Genesis account of creation.
        >
        > The professors were exonerated after a three-month investigation by
        ACU.

      • Keith@Sisman.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 14, 2005
          Nelta shares "Wow, sin in the camp and a cover-up. Scripture says to
          confess your sins....not just confess you HAVE sinned."

          Well Nelta, think of Rob Cook, British Parliamentarian and evolutionist,
          buried last week.

          Last week the funeral was held of the British Parliamentarian, Robin Cook,
          at St. Giles Cathedral, in Scotland.

          Inside the ancient stone church, Gordon Brown, the Chancellor, ascended the
          pulpit to declare Mr Cook "the greatest parliamentarian of our time".

          Richard Holloway, the former Bishop of Edinburgh and a personal friend,
          praised his "moral seriousness and flinty integrity" in which Richard forgot
          to mention that Rob had a serious drink problem, he was an adulterer in his
          second marriage, having left his first wife, and had many affairs - so all
          this forgotten history amounts to a man of "moral seriousness and flinty
          integrity"!

          Margaret Cook, his first wife, had arrived 80 minutes before the service,
          accompanied by her partner Robin Howie, and took a seat to the side.

          All, however, squirmed in discomfort as John McCririck, the flamboyant
          racing commentator, eschewing funereal black for ecclesiastical purple,
          shattered the decorum of the occasion by launching an attack on the Prime
          Minister's absence.

          He accused Tony Blair of "petty vindictiveness" for refusing to break his
          holiday and attend the funeral. Mr McCririck went on to mock the Prime
          Minister for "going snorkelling" instead of "doing his duty".

          While his comments were greeted by an uncomfortable silence inside the
          cathedral, outside, where the service was broadcast by speakers, there was a
          spontaneous and sustained applause by the public.

          Then maybe Tony did not want to be part of such a shambles?...

          Until this point, the focus of the attention of the 700 invited guests had
          been the simple wooden coffin, and memories of the man it contained, which
          sat in the centre of the cathedral, almost buried under a giant bouquet of
          white lilies. Funerals are rarely the setting for revelations, but such was
          the style of this service of thanksgiving, which contained readings from
          Emile Zola's novel, Germinal, and Mr Cook's own memoir, Point of Departure,
          that guests learned more than they might have hoped about the late Mr Cook.
          His son Peter revealed that his father insisted on only the finest
          ingredients to then incinerate at family barbecues.

          Bishop Richard revealed during the service what was already common knowledge
          - that Mr Cook was a "devout atheist", before adding that, like Donald
          Dewar, he was a "Presbyterian atheist". Richard forgot to mention that Rob
          is now a devout believer and creationist - James 2:19 "Thou believest that
          there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble".
          But a believer without hope - Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized
          shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

          Today we can know that Rob Cook wishes he knew Dr Bert in this world, for it
          is too late for Rob in the next.

          Regards, Keith
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 14, 2005
            --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, Keith@S... wrote:

            > Today we can know that Rob Cook wishes he knew
            > Dr Bert in this world, for it is too late for
            > Rob in the next.

            If what you say about this guy is true, today we can be sure that he is
            wishing he had known JESUS in this world, and the Scriptures;

            not some false teacher, and a bunch of Apologetics Press hooey.

            Rick