Dr. Bert's $2.5 million campaign?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      I noticed that the $2.5 million dollar campaign fund-raising
      promotion that was on Dr. Bert's homepage appears to have been
      removed.

      The home page is at:

      http://www.apologeticspress.org

      It is also been announced to Gil Yoder's LURlist that the new
      Apologetics Press is sending out information packets to its
      supporters.

      I wonder what that will say about the recent events? I wonder
      whether anyone would tell us if they get the packet? For a public,
      tax-exempt organization, it could be that they are intent on keeping
      their secrets.

      I suppose those of us who have paid even passing attention to such
      things involving other public figures and tax-exempt (or not)
      organizations, there is the prospect that whatever was going on with
      the leadership may have involved some financial shenanigans as to
      organizational funds.

      I guess that is the problem with the effort to keep secrets in such
      matters. There is a big shake-up and unspecified problems are
      admitted. Therefore, speculation abounds.

      Apologetics Press and/or Dr. Bert have certainly been lagging behind
      as far as setting any kind of high standard regarding disclosures in
      this situation.