James Randi & "Rock 'n Reel"!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2005
      I ran across Donald E. Simanek at:

      > http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek

      He hadn't hear of Dr. Bert's "Rock 'n Reel" and has expressed some
      interest.

      He is hitting up some of his geology friends about it and has sent a
      referral into James Randi. You know James Randi, right?

      Maybe we will hear more of that if they get on the trail of Dr. Bert
      and his "Rock 'n' Reel" caper.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2005
        --- In Maury_and_Baty, Robert Baty wrote (post #6049):
        > I ran across Donald E. Simanek at:
        >
        >> http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek
        [snip]

        On that home page, Donald writes the following:

        | We can't claim to fully understand what science is until we know
        | what it is not. The science/pseudoscience interface can help us
        | understand both the strengths and the self-imposed constraints
        | of science. Science is a self-correcting processes, continually
        | weeding out errors of thought and errors of methodology, thereby
        | narrowing the region where truth may reside. While science
        | claims no absolute truths, it has accumulated a larger body of
        | reliable and testable understanding of nature than any other
        | method of human inquiry.
        |
        | The human imagination is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, we
        | have the ability to imagine many things which just aren't so.
        | The universe has no obligation to behave as we'd like, or even
        | to be understandable to our minds.

        My sentiments exactly!

        Regards,
        Todd Greene