Tranformism, fun, Lady Hope & Dr. Bert!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2002
      Our commentator wrote, in part:

      "We must not rest until we find the answer."

      ##########################

      My comments:

      In the forward of "The Darwin Legend", the following comments are made:

      "To benefit fully from this book, it must be read to the end. Only
      after the last supporting document, the last footnote, and the last
      bibliographical item, does it become clear how painfully willing so many
      believers have been to treat the truth so casually. Only by following
      Moore through every last nook and cranny will the judgment of the
      evangelical tent-preacher, James Fegan, make sense when he calls the
      Darwin legend 'an illustration of the recklessness with which the
      Protestant Controversialists seek to support any cause they are
      advocating'."

      I think we can see developing in the Maury matters "an illustration" of
      the same sort. However, it may be awhile before the historical
      development is complete and the book is out.

      Lady Hope played a big part in the development of the Darwin legend. So
      it seems Dr. Bert may fill a similar role in the Maury legend; at least
      concerning the part about a statue at the Naval Academy depicting Maury
      with a bible in one hand and a globe in the other.

      Mr. Moore goes on to comment that his little book represented 20 years
      of research and may be revised as further information is developed.

      I guess in that context of recording things historical, I am just
      beginning.

      Where did Bert Thompson, Ph.D. get his Maury statue claim? The quest
      continues as Dr. Bert continues to carve out his "Lady Hope" place in
      the history of the Maury legend(s).

      Who says history can't be fun!