Petition Against ID!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005
      Barry Lynn is coming to my town in a few days and will be putting on his
      show. Among other stops, he will be speaking and the big, downtown
      First Baptist Church on the subject of "What Place Does Religion Have in
      the Public Square".

      In the bulletin I got from his local chapter, the following
      advertisement was seen:

      ######################

      Petition Against Intelligent Design

      Download and sign the petition against the adoption of disclaimers in
      textbooks and the introduction of creationist "intelligent design" in
      public school science courses. The petition was approved by the
      Oklahoma Academy of Science, Oklahomans for Excellence in Science
      Education (OESE), Oklahoma Mainstream Baptists, OK Chapter of Americans
      United for Separation of Church and State, Tulsa and OKC Interfaith
      Alliances, and representatives from several Oklahoma colleges. It is
      also being distributed by several other organizations, including the
      Oklahoma Library Association and several religious groups.

      http://www.biosurvey.ou.edu/oese/

      That's just one of the issues in the public square these days regarding
      "creation-science" in its various manifestations.