Jason, the rock, the reel & the Maury statue!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005
      Jason wrote to Rick and the CFTF list (Message 22795 of 22795), in
      part, and regarding Dr. Bert's "Rock 'n Reel" claims:

      > And on a quick look one can see for themselves
      > that there are no marks on the rock that you
      > describe. It is plain to see, that the rock
      > has actually formed around the reel.

      and

      > How did it get there? UTC have made no claim
      > that it was put there and one can clearly see
      > that the rock has formed around the reel.

      What a hoot!

      Followers of this and related lists will recognize that we had a
      similar problem regarding that alleged Bible in the hand of that
      Maury statue in Richmond (to be distinguished from Dr. Bert's Maury
      statue that is supposed to be at the Naval Academy).

      You remember? That one fellow in particular, or was it two (Ira
      Mikell and Rudy Schellekens) who kept looking at those fuzzy
      pictures of that Maury statue and saying they could just see
      the "book" in the hand of it.

      Hopefully, they now know better. It, as I warned them, was not a
      book or a Bible.

      But they could just see it; just as Jason claims to be able to see
      that Dr. Bert's rock formed around that reel within the last hundred
      years or so.

      Go figure!

      Has anyone asked Dr. Bert, for the record, what his intentions are
      regarding that story? It is still on his website.