A "nose" for truth?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2005
      --- In coCBanned@yahoogroups.com, Elpizo_Hai_Hupakouo@w... wrote, in
      part, in response to me:

      > (W)ould they think it "nonsense" since
      > they believe it? They must have faith
      > that God could/can create the mature
      > heavens and earth. . .

      Well, actually my experience has been more practical. They believed
      Dr. Bert's Maury statue claim despite my protestations and simply
      based on Dr. Bert's representations with no evidence whatsoever.
      Who was Robert Baty to even suggest Dr. Bert could be wrong on such
      a matter.

      I have faith that God could/can creat a mature heavens and earth.
      That is not the question or the issue.

      Nathan continued:

      > Maybe they think that those who look down
      > their noises at them. . .are the ones who
      > really believe in truly "nonsense".

      Well, actually, if you check the historical record you just might
      realize that I am the one others (Dr. Bert and his followers) were
      looking down their noses at. I now have developed that same
      perspective (i.e., Matthew 7:1,2) and technique (if you wish to
      characterize it in that manner).

      But who should look down their nose at another is not particularly
      relevant and is to be decided based on the evidence.

      Should we look down our noses at Dr. Bert and his
      followers/defenders because after 12 years or so Dr. Bert has yet to
      disclose his alleged Maury statue source?

      Should we look down our noses at Dr. Bert and his
      followers/defenders because after years and years Dr. Bert secretly
      zapped his bogus moon-dust promotion?

      Should we look down our noses at Dr. Bert and his
      followers/defenders because Dr. Bert has yet to issue a public
      statement regarding his intentions as to his "Rock 'n Reel"
      promotion?

      Should we look down our noses at Dr. Bert and his
      followers/defenders because Dr. Bert has yet to admit that his claim
      that that certain CRSQ letter was my "feeble attempt" was false?

      And that's just the simple stuff!

      Folks on this list that might have helped resolve some of these
      problems have, as many others before them, simply added to the
      effective effort to protect and defend Dr. Bert from what the same
      people allege should occur in similar circumstances involving those
      they disagree with; investigation, disclosure, openness and a little
      honesty.

      For all the writing here by defenders of Dr. Bert's hobby, many
      could have documented the simple effort to contact Dr. Bert and get
      a response on some of the simplest of outstanding matters involving
      public issues of interest.

      Besides foisting bad science on us from the backwoods, Dr. Bert and
      his sympathizers also engage in quite unseemly practices that do,
      indeed, result in others looking down their noses at them.