Re: Watch out! Pterodactyls everywhere...Not!

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2005
      Keith wrote to the coCBanned list, in part:

      > This post will the basis for an
      > email to the owners of the web
      > site (recent pterodactyl claims).

      HMMM! You know, it has always been a problem getting the good brethren
      to be open and honest about their dealings with such public issues.

      It will be interesting to see if Keith actually publishes the entire
      record of his correspondence with that website.

      Not that I'm that interested, but such would be an important part of the
      historical record.

      Those informed in such matters are probably familiar with the fact that
      a number of people have actually engaged Dr. Bert regarding some of Dr.
      Bert's blunders which I have tried to pursue.

      Almost without exception, the record of such correspondence, despite my
      efforts to have everyone deal with such public issues "on the record",
      has been kept secret.

      So it is that even to this day, we don't know the story of how Dr. Bert
      came to include his "Rock 'n Reel" claims in the A/P seminars or more
      recently to publish them on the Internet (and who knows where else) or
      what his intentions are regarding the legitimate criticism of his
      claims.

      Similarly, we don't know the story of how he came to secretly remove his
      moon-dust blunder from his website.

      Similarly, we don't know what his indicated unquestionable source was
      for his false Maury statue claim.

      Similarly, we don't know the complete story of how the CRSQ may have
      deliberately deceived Dr. Bert into believing I produced a certain
      letter they published and having Dr. Bert write a letter (i.e., under
      Trevor Major's by-line) in response and claiming what he thought was my
      production was a "feeble attempt".

      Similarly, . . . Well, you get the picture.

      Chasing old pterodactyl claims, as if Keith didn't already know they
      could not be substantiated, may be a worthy effort, but in the present
      context, it appears to be a simple diversionary tactic. One of several
      that have been put up since inquiry was requested concerning Dr. Bert's
      "Rock 'n Reel" claims.