Jason: A "Rock 'n Reel" believer!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10 10:51 AM
      Maybe it's just because I like to see my name lin lights, but I think
      the CFTF discussion of Dr. Bert's "Rock 'n Reel" claim, as introduced by
      Jason Fox, is shaping up to be quite another good example of what is
      wrong with the wrong-headed "young-earth, creation-science" movement.

      Our Rick responded to Jason's request for input from "old-earthers" by
      referencing Joe Meert's work on the issue.

      Rather than address the facts of the case and deal with Dr. Bert's
      claims, Jason has been insisting on picking on me as if I had anything
      to do with Dr. Bert's bogus "Rock 'n Reel" claims.

      Here's the link and some excerpts from Jason's latest evasions:

      > From: (Jason)
      > Date: Mon, Apr 11, 2005
      > To: CFTF@yahoogroups.com

      > Subject: Re: A Young Earth:
      > "Fishing for Proof"

      > Rick,

      > It has a lot to do with Mr. Baty.

      > Mr. Baty has been. . .

      > He has been. . .

      > Mr. Baty has. . .

      > Mr. Baty stated. . .

      > He then admitted that. . .

      > Mr. Baty refused to. . .

      > What trust then do I put in the
      > truthfulness of Mr. Baty's claims
      > in light of past dealings with him?

      > NONE.

      > I am capable of evaluating and
      > reasoning through the evidence
      > and making sound assessments,
      > one might say I am in my "right mind",
      > yet I believe the (Rock 'n Reel) story.

      > Jason Fox

      Jason Fox, capable of evaluating and reasoning through the evidence and
      making sound asessments, then goes on to say he believes the "Rock 'n
      Reel" story as proposed by Dr. Bert!

      Maybe some one will be able to get Jason to explain just how that could
      be the case.

      His claims are inconsistent with his conclusion.

      As far as my own claims are concerned, I think anyone capable of
      evaluating and reasoning through the evidence and making sound
      assessments can go back through the extensive record regarding my
      encounters with such folk as Jason Fox and find that I am the one that
      comes out most credible.

      Could it be they just don't like me? They just can't stand the fact
      that I could be right and that they and their YEC heroes really do make
      ridiculous blunders and refuse to admit to it?

      Reminds me of how many refused to believe that Dr. Bert's Maury statue
      really didn't exist; who was I to point out such a blunder and how could
      Dr. Bert be wrong? By the way, just were did Dr. Bert get his Maury
      statue claim?

      Rick, I wish you well with the CFTF discussion of the "Rock 'n Reel"
      issue. It will be interesting to see if they allow you to post freely
      on the issue.