Dr. Bert on Dr. Protsch: Today!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2005

      http://www.apologeticspress.org/modules.php?name=Read&cat=13&itemid=2711

      "Dating Disaster" of Neanderthal Man
      by Brad Harrub, Ph.D. (on behalf of Dr. Bert)

      (excerpts)

      "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is." Most of us have
      heard this piece of advice on more than one occasion.

      For evolutionists, it was too good to be true.

      And indeed, it was. On February 18, 2005, Protsch was forced to retire
      in disgrace after a Frankfurt University panel ruled he had "fabricated
      data and plagiarized the work of his colleagues" (see "Anthropologist
      Resigns in 'Dating Disaster,' " 2005).

      If this scenario sounds familiar, you are exactly right.

      Evolutionists are quick to point out that this is how science works-that
      it is self-correcting. And there is a great deal of truth to that
      statement. However, one must question how such scientists can continue
      to support evolution being taught as "fact," knowing that much of what
      we believe to be true today will have to be "self-corrected" in the
      future.

      Why not allow students to "examine the controversy" and discuss possible
      problems with evolutionary theory? How many students did Professor
      Protsch affect with his forged information? Likely, that number is in
      the thousands. After all, his dates "looked good" and "fit the
      evolutionary timeline," which meant textbooks would be quick to pick
      them up. Never mind that the material was a complete hoax.

      According to the World Net Daily Web site, Rudolf Steinberg, Frankfurt
      University's president, "apologized for the University's failure to curb
      Protsch's misconduct for decades.

      'A lot of people looked the other way,' he said."

      But what good does that apology do when it comes to unraveling the lie
      that was sold to the public for so many years?

      How many times must we rewrite evolutionary history?

      Don't students deserve better?

      Don't we all deserve better?

      ##################################
      ##################################

      My comments:

      I find this most interesting, coming from Dr. Bert who most recently
      gave us the "Rock 'n Reel"  and "Grendel was a T-Rex" claims.

      Of course, the best example is Dr. Bert's claim about a certain
      "bible-in-hand" statue of Matthew Maury at the Naval Academy.  He even
      suggested in the TalkOrigins feedback pages that he had unquestionable
      sources for such a claim.  We have yet to be provided any such
      sources. The statue apparently does not exist there or anywhere else
      (unless in one's imagination counts). Dr. Bert also claimed that a
      letter the CRSQ published over my name was my "feeble attempt".  It
      wasn't; someone at the CRSQ produced that letter.  If it was "feeble",
      such a criticism should have been probably charged to the producer of
      the letter (a secret being kept to this day).

      Dr. Bert was caught secretly taking his bogus moon-dust promotion off
      his website not long ago (years after he was advised of the problem).
      Was there an announcement?  An apology?  Not that I remember
      seeing!

      I wonder if Dr. Bert and his writers ever look in the mirror before they
      write such things.

      There appears to be no self-correcting mechanism when it comes to Dr.
      Bert's operations and we are still waiting for his apologies regarding
      his more infamous blunders and false claims.

      What good would an apology from Dr. Bert do when it comes to unraveling
      the "lies" that were sold to the public for so many years?  It would
      be a start.

      A lot of people just look the other way when it comes to Dr. Bert!

      How many times must we rewrite "young-earth, creation-science" history?