Re: Mind if I join you?

  • mathewmaury
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2005
      --- Rick Hartzog wrote:
      > So, on to "mathewmaury": I assume this is a *nom de plume*,
      > is it also a *nom de guerre*? Have you been reading the CFTF
      > list lately? Go there and catch up with what I have been
      > saying, and report back here. I have somewhat to discuss
      > with you, sir.

      I extend my welcome to you, sir.

      I am not fluent in the language of the frog eaters and fail
      to grasp the implications of your first question.
      'mathewmaury' is my *nom de Yahoo* as 'w_w_c_l' is yours. My
      posts are under anonym unsigned as I do not wish to claim
      for myself another's name and prefer not to use my
      government name. I do not mind your referring to me by my
      Yahoo!ID as some moniker is a practical necessity.

      I read the introductory post you linked and believe you will
      fit well into the eclectic mix of this list. I have not
      'caught up' with your discourse on CFTF but will attend to
      what you have to say in this forum until interest wanes.

      As preliminary to further discussion, would you please answer
      this specific question:
      What does the Bible teach about how long it took God to make
      heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them?

      I look forward to your further participation.
    • mathewmaury
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2005

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 8, 2005
          --- In Maury_and_Baty, Rick Hartzog the Latitudinarian wrote (post
          #5724):
          > Hello, friends! I was on the list next door and heard y'all over
          > here talking so I thought I would come over and see what was going
          > on. And lo and behold I see my fame has preceded me! So I might
          > as well let you know I'm here.

          Welcome to the group.

          [snip]
          > And hello, Todd. I'm curious; are you anti-God, or anti-gods, or
          > just anti-the Biblegod you have been raised with?

          Contrary to popular delusion, neither the Book of Mormon nor the
          Quran nor the Bible nor the Baghavad Gita (nor dozens of other books
          and documents that claim to be so) are here by inspiration of any
          god or gods. While there may be God in the Prime Mover sense, that
          god is far removed from the anthropomorphic and anthropocentric
          conceptions we see described in these various human-authored books.

          Regards,
          Todd Greene
          http://www.geocites.com/greeneto