Re: From "fishing reels" to T-Rex?

  • mathewmaury
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
      --- rlbaty wrote:

      > This week on Apologetics Press:
      >
      > #########################
      >
      > http://www.apologeticspress.org/modules.php?
      name=Read&cat=1&itemid=2704

      > Dinosaurs and Humans-Together?
      > by Eric Lyons, M.Min. and Bert Thompson, Ph.D.

      This is an excellent article.
      Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
        --- In Maury_and_Baty, Robert Baty wrote (post #5722):
        > This week on Apologetics Press:
        >
        > #########################
        >
        > http://www.apologeticspress.org/modules.php?
        > name=Read&cat=1&itemid=2704
        [note line-wrapping of link]

        > Dinosaurs and Humans-Together?
        > by Eric Lyons, M.Min. and Bert Thompson, Ph.D.
        [snip]

        I may have more comments on this article later, I'm not sure yet,
        but I opened it up for some lunchtime reading and found that
        something like the first 1/3 to 2/5ths of the article (1,658 words -
        yes I counted them!) is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE STATED TOPIC!
        LOL! How typical of Bert and his cohorts to "snow" the audience with
        verbiage that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject. The
        reason that scientists state that dinosaurs and humans did no
        coexist is because "dinosaurs and humans are separated by 60+
        million years of geologic time." That's it. All that other
        discussion is simply irrelevant to the discussion. And notice the
        typical lying rhetoric of these young earth creationists
        that "evolutionary scientists have constructed a barrier." No, Mr.
        Liar Bert, it is GEOLOGICAL scientists who have DISCOVERED
        geological time by EXAMINING the earth, and the rocks, and the
        layers, and the geologically-related processes that occur. Of
        course, *Dr.* Bert Thompson and his other doctorate cohorts who are
        absolutely clueless about geology will never tell the truth on this,
        because as you can see from the articles they write they are far to
        fond of their own lying rhetoric of pretending that "geology is
        nothing more than evolution" even though the truth is that they are
        two different scientific disciplines, and while scientists from each
        of the discplines pay attention to relevant information that may
        crop up in other areas, geological processes are studied as
        GEOLOGICAL processes and have NOTHING to do with evolution. Indeed,
        the geologic timeline was established decades before Darwin even
        published the *Origin of Species* in 1859.

        Finally, notice toward the end of Berts article where he actually
        admits that THERE REALLY IS A GEOLOGIC GAP IN THE FOSSIL RECORD
        between the last dinosaur and the first humans. In other words, he
        actually admits the very thing that he wrote the article to disprove!

        Chuckling,
        Todd Greene
        http://www.geocities.com/greeneto
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
          Todd wrote, in part:

          > I may have more comments
          > on this article later. . .

          We'll watch for your further comments.

          I also posted the reference to the TalkOrigins newsgroup. There has
          been some interest there in the article; some from folks who know a lot
          more about Beowulf and Grendel than I do.

          The consensus over there is that Dr. Bert. . .well, take a guess! :o)

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
            Cassondra wrote, in part:

            > rlbaty@... writes:

            > There is no indication that either
            > Beowulf or Grendel was
            > mythical in nature.)

            As Rick just recently pointed out, there can be problems in associating
            statements with its proper author.

            So I note, for the record, the above words:

            > There is no indication that either
            > Beowulf or Grendel was
            > mythical in nature.)

            The words are not mine. Those are part of the article from Dr. Bert's
            website. I also note that Cassondra appears to have omitted the first
            "(" before the "T" in "There".

            No big deal, just thought you would like to know. I am not smart enough
            to affirm a universal negative that. I think some over on TalkOrigins
            have already disputed the claim in the article.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
              Cassondra wrote, in part:

              > It could also be said there is no
              > indication that the dragon slain
              > by St George was mythical either.

              > Oops, wait...I guess that was
              > another dinosaur, huh?

              I figured Cassondra would know more about such things than I do. While
              her comment appears to be in jest, I think if you read enough after
              Keith Sisman you will find that that is just the sort of claim he makes;
              if not St. George then some other great, old englishman in Keith's
              history has been recorded as fighting the dinosaurs.

              Don't believe me. . .feel free to ask Keith if he was/is serious when he
              writes such things and if such things are going to appear in his
              forthcoming book on the subject.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
                If you haven't checked yet, the reference Dr. Bert gives regarding
                Beowulf and Grendel is on the Internet at:

                http://www.ldolphin.org/cooper/ch11.html