"Goliath" - still my hand!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2005
      "Mathewmaury" wrote in part:

      > We still have not heard from
      > Robert what his higher (than
      > the Bible) authority is.

      > What does Robert say trumps
      > the Bible?

      > Show your cards, Robert. I still
      > have the best hand. Make
      > your play.

      "Mathewmaury" has only a lame hand in this wrestling match, but we can
      indulge him further.

      Some have been known to propose that "truth does not contradict truth".
      Therefore, it is not really a matter of "trumping" as Dr. Fox put it.

      I would propose to you that there it has nothing to do with higher and
      lower authority when it comes to evaluating, based on real world
      evidence, the merits of real world claims that are made solely as a
      result of one's interpretation of some textual material.

      Contrary to "Mathewmaury"'s position that the YEC real world position is
      not falsifiable with reference to real world evidence, I propose that it
      is. Although it does make it easier if we just all agree that it isn't;
      I can live with that alternative, especially if we can agree to work
      together to help get Dr. Bert and other YEC promoters to publicly admit
      to it.

      Further, I propose that the "Goliath of GRAS" is the valid, logical
      presentation of the falsification test applicable to the real world
      claims of the YEC movement.

      In case some may have missed it, here it is again: