Re: The "Rock 'n Reel" A/P scientists!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2005
      Here's a little biographical information about the other fellow that
      apparently got the free trip to see the "rock 'n reel" show along with
      Dr. Brad; from Dr. Bert's website:

      #############################

      Introducing Our Second Spanish-Language Translator: Michael Cortez

      by Bert Thompson, Ph.D.

      In this month's "Note from the Editor," it is my pleasure to introduce
      to you Michael Cortez, the second young man whom I have hired to assist
      us in translating all of our materials into Spanish.

      Michael, who is 24, holds a B.S. degree in Spanish from Valdosta
      (Georgia) State University.

      In addition, in June of this year he graduated from the Memphis School
      of Preaching.

      Unbeknownst to him, I had had my eye on Michael for quite some time. I
      knew of the work of his father, Lionel Cortez, who directs the Panama
      School of Preaching in Panama City, Panama, and I knew that Michael
      possessed immense talent—not just in the area of public speaking, but
      also in the area of Spanish.

      I was convinced that Michael was the person we needed to serve as our
      second full-time Spanish translator.

      . . .they will begin work on a complete Spanish-language mirror-image of
      our Web site (which received a quarter of a million page-hits this past
      March!).

      I wonder if that means that the "rock 'n reel" story can be expected to
      get 250,000 hits this month on the Spanish-language version of A/P?

      Maybe someone can check and see if the story is posted on that website?

      In any case, it does look like Dr. Bert sent some real high-powered
      scientific sorts to investigate that "rock 'n reel" claim, doesn't it?
      NOT!