Re: Ragle pleads guilty; hard time expected!

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2005
      "Mathewmaury" wrote, in part:

      > This story is so sad. Here is a
      > man who knew right from wrong,
      > chose the wrong in order to gratify
      > temporal desires, and now will
      > pay for those choices with his life
      > in ruins and his family disgraced.

      I figure we are all but a step away from suffering similar unpleasant
      consequences of one or more of our mistakes, without regard to the
      pornography issue.

      That was brought home last Friday when a couple of upper level managers
      swept into our office and terminated one of our local managers and had
      him escorted him out of the building.

      It didn't have anything to do with his job performance or pornography,
      and he may win his job back through the normal appeal processes.

      Yet, the event came as a stark reminder that our mistakes just might
      have dire consequences.

      P.S. Best I can figure out, the cause for the dismissal had to do with
      a public disagreement the man had with a security guard at a federal
      building over the use of a visitors' parking space (the manager was
      visiting the federal building in question). Something about "conduct
      unbecoming", or some such thing.