Alaskan Atheist!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2005
      Of course, our own Clyde Baxley is one of the movers an shakers in
      the atheist cause up in Alaska.

      Following is a link and comments reflecting on Clyde's efforts
      somewhat related to one of my own hobbies and concerns:

      http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0OBW/is_5_42/ai_108913526
      Alaska

      > Alaska State Director Clyde Baxley is friends
      > with the Lt. Governor of Alaska. As Clyde put
      > it: "Alaska Atheists is keeping an eye out for
      > 'faith-based' happenings. The Lt. Gov. is in
      > charge of it. They are reasonably good friends
      > and he knows that Clyde will not tolerate church
      > /state violations."

      > Clyde is also challenging tax-exempt church property
      > of Alaska's most vocal fundamentalist and his church.

      Clyde appears to have had some success with that effort and I am
      interested in how it all turns out in the longer run.